Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twenty grand in 2 weeks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Wftablueboy

Cardiff V Brighton , 5 euro home win at 21-20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Jesus, You cannot catch a break!

I think anyone following me this week should do the compleate opposite to what I predict , I'm just a fuding Jonah at the minute ;-))

Liverpool V Zenith over 2.5 goals @ 8/13 , 5 euro

Liverpool V Zenith over 2.5 goals @ 8/13 , 5 euro

Cleared hurdle 1 with 45 mins to spare:D

• Advertisement

nice result!

We only need 20 (?) more winners in a row now!

I've gotta good feeling about it this time.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ladjacket

All the best with this - I am off betting for lent so this can be like my fix to follow your exploits!!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

Ladjacket wrote: »
    All the best with this - I am off betting for lent so this can be like my fix to follow your exploits!!

bet you 5bucks you won't last :p

Ha! I got my first week over on Tuesday so I am estimating i have saved 40 quid already! The aim is to be putting one ten euro bet on football each saturday per week.

7.20 on Notts County at home to Bury @ 11/10

• Advertisement

7.20 on Notts County at home to Bury @ 11/10

I think I'm getting the hang of this ... Handy 4-1 home win ;)

my only advice to you regarding this is that the real research is required on a day like tomorrow - plenty of just under even money shots readily available but mak sure you have full confidence in your pick. All the very best!

13.50 on Hearts V Inverness , over 2.5 goals at 19/20

13.50 on Hearts V Inverness , over 2.5 goals at 19/20

Finally cleared hurdle 3 , with a couple of goals to spare......

23.70 double chance , Southampton & Draw at 7/10... Fingers crossed

Are u backing anything in tonight's game wftablueboy?

step 1 again , 5 euro Spurs @ evens V W.Ham

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Just asking here, not criticizing in any way but is backing circa even moneyshots away from home in the EPL not statistically one of the biggest losing bets in football. Think I read over 52% don't win the game or something similar. Could be way off base though in saying I generally wouldn't be one to back teams away from home.

Either way what your doing is good fun and I like the ambition. Good luck!

I figure spurs will win too. They are showing 6/5 on betfair.

I'm predicting a goalfest, over 3.5 goals, at 12/5.

catallus wrote: »
    I figure spurs will win too. They are showing 6/5 on betfair.

I'm predicting a goalfest, over 3.5 goals, at 12/5.
    Ya I'm not saying they won't it's just I wouldn't be crazy about it myself. The OP's last bet was Southampton away from home too. I'm aware they weren't fav's and the bet was DNB. All in all I just think backing away teams in the EPL is a tricky business and the OP would find better value shots at around even money elsewhere.

You don't have to have a bet every day either to get to the target in two weeks.
    Yesterday I swerved Ajax having originally felt like backing them. Tonight I left Lazio off at 1.31 was gonna back them but I didn't feel they were a genuine 1/3 shot. They might win handy but I just don't fancy it enough. I'm prepared to escargots patience and that to me is the only way I can see me making it work.

Either way I hope spurs win for his bet and there loads of goals too:-)

• Advertisement

I think the racing post did an article and analysis on the EPL results recently showing that in any given year it's the top four who have a very very very slight edge statistically and the other 16 are beating each other more-or-less randomly. Do they even have a top 4 anymore?

Enough science! Blind optimism and a few pints for tonight :)

catallus wrote: »
    I think the racing post did an article and analysis on the EPL results recently showing that in any given year it's the top four who have a very very very slight edge statistically and the other 16 are beating each other more-or-less randomly. Do they even have a top 4 anymore?

Enough science! Blind optimism and a few pints for tonight :)
    Ha

Ya fair enough. Punting and beering can't be beat ;)

step 1 again , 5 euro Spurs @ evens V W.Ham

That was easy , wasn't it ??? ;-))
    Gareth Bale , take a bow son ...... Different class

Imagine if you were on step 11 and you had 10 grand on it? :)

I'd have a small heart attack.

Nice result.

Doesn't matter how ye got there. Ye did. Nice one

I don't mean to be a buzz-kill here: I think the idea of continuing to amass a bankroll by backing short odds (2.0 or less) is doomed.

As I've posted before, I know it's just a bit of craic, but you have to pick a winner every single time. Even guys who are getting good information can't do that. It's a bit like calling the toss of a coin correctly ten times in a row. Not dissing your thread or anything, it's fun to watch, but you've already changed your rules a few times already; the system is, like you said in your opening post, "highly ambitious", to the point that it is mathematically unlikely.

Like I said, the Daily Million gives slightly better odds.

Anyway, looking forward to step two :)

Step 2 . Ronaldo to score anytime in El Classico tonight , €9 at 11/10

Step 2 . Ronaldo to score anytime in El Classico tonight , €9 at 11/10

BOOM....... After 12 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

nice one on ronnie. tried these all ins myself long time ago. i found they worked better when i waited for a price i liked tho. i found that when i was placing the bets every couple of days i wud lose much quicker than when i waited a few days maybe a week before being 100% happy with my next evens or better priced shot. when i bet just for the sake of it then always went out early.

fancy sunderland at 13/10 this week home to fulham.think they are due a win so that will be my first fiver all in bet:)

• Advertisement

Step 3 . Struggling to find a decent bet tonight , so it's €18 on Hibs @ 8/13 DNB

Advertisement