Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twenty grand in 2 weeks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Wftablueboy

Step 3 . Struggling to find a decent bet tonight , so it's €18 on Hibs @ 8/13 DNB

Got out of jail tonight with a 2-2 draw , so money back and try to get over hurdle 3 again tomorrow ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Out of jail? Haha, That was escape of the century!

Not a great deal happening on the football front today , and I have a long day of work ahead of me today so I won't get a chance to have a look at the in play markets . I'm changing my attention to the Honda classic golf , Rory's back to defend his title , but in all honesty I think I could beat him at the minute....reading his reports he reckons he,ll be ready for the masters ( that's weeks away ) .So I'm going to lay him in his 1st round 3 ball against Ernie & Marc Wilson , so the bet is lay Rory €17.31 @ 2.04 (€18) . Now it's off to work , won't be home till 10.30 and hopefully some good news ;-))

Not a great deal happening on the football front today , and I have a long day of work ahead of me today so I won't get a chance to have a look at the in play markets . I'm changing my attention to the Honda classic golf , Rory's back to defend his title , but in all honesty I think I could beat him at the minute....reading his reports he reckons he,ll be ready for the masters ( that's weeks away ) .So I'm going to lay him in his 1st round 3 ball against Ernie & Marc Wilson , so the bet is lay Rory €17.31 @ 2.04 (€18) . Now it's off to work , won't be home till 10.30 and hopefully some good news ;-))

Good man Ernie , a little chip in eagle at the 18th is enough to clear hurdle 3 ....
    My 10% deductions mean I've gotten my stake back on this attempt , any other hurdles cleared are profit , and tomorrows bet I'm using the bookies money and not my own.......:D

Step 4 . €31.78 on Watford away to struggling Wolves DNB @4/7

• Advertisement

Step 4 . €31.78 on Watford away to struggling Wolves DNB @4/7

Well I was due a last minute equilizer to go against me , I had a few go my way earlier in the week . However we live to fight on tomorrow with DNB . Have to say I was disappointed with Watford tonight , they never really turned the screws , and Wolves were always going to get 1 chance . Anyway pleanty of matches to choose from tomorrow.

Yeah, you were robbed at the last minute, you still have your stake, you must be raging a bit (I would be)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Any chance you could update your profit/loss with each post too? Hard to keep track when you're banking 10% after every bet.

L'prof wrote: »
    Any chance you could update your profit/loss with each post too? Hard to keep track when you're banking 10% after every bet.

Starting bank €50 , current balance €27.17 , in play €31.78
    So still enough in d bank for at least another 5 goes.......

Ok so much to choose from today I'm bamboozled , so I'm going to stick with the one that keeps jumping out at me , €31.78 on Stoke V West Ham , home win @ 2.34

• Advertisement

Ah well , here we go again ( I thought I was going to make some nice profit on that last run ) €5 Spurs @1.73 DNB

Ah well , here we go again ( I thought I was going to make some nice profit on that last run ) €5 Spurs @1.73 DNB

Spurs are my favourite team at the mo , that's twice I've caught them this week...I'm going back in again tonight and having €7.62 on Sociadad @ 1.82 against Betis

Anything for tonight Wftablueboy?

Ok boys and girls , I've taken a couple of nights off to recharge the batteries and have a few beers. So back to step 1 tonight €5 on Notts County V Orient over 2.5 goals @ 11/10

This gambling lark is harder than it looks!

What's left in the kitty?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 223 ✭✭RiskItAllRick

Enjoying the read lad would love to have a shot at it myself. Good luck

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 223 ✭✭RiskItAllRick

U calling it a day??

WFTABLUEBOY! I am demanding an explanation for your absence :)

You're not broke yet boy!!

Give us a bet!

catallus wrote: »
    WFTABLUEBOY! I am demanding an explanation for your absence :)

You're not broke yet boy!!

Give us a bet!

And I thought nobody was watching me ;-)) , sorry boys and girls I've had a tough couple of weeks personally and I was keeping my head down and not bothering with bets . Ok so there's 17.78 left in the kitty so i,ll have my fiver on the Blackburn V Millwall game tonite under 2.5 goals @ 4/6 , they couldn't muster too many shots on target in the last game and I expect tonite to be the same . Hopefully I get a little run going this time....

Ok step 2 , 7.73 on Motherwell V Hibs tonite , both teams to score @ 8/11 , the last 10 meetings between these 2 have an average of 4 goals per game , so there's the kiss of death .....

• Advertisement

Ok step 2 , 7.73 on Motherwell V Hibs tonite , both teams to score @ 8/11 , the last 10 meetings between these 2 have an average of 4 goals per game , so there's the kiss of death .....

I think the gargle is killing all me brain cells , Motherwell match is Friday eve . So I'm redoing my bet for tonight and putting the 7.73 on the Chelsea game , over 2.5goals @8/11 . If it wins it will rollover onto the Motherwell game on Friday ....

I think the gargle is killing all me brain cells , Motherwell match is Friday eve . So I'm redoing my bet for tonight and putting the 7.73 on the Chelsea game , over 2.5goals @8/11 . If it wins it will rollover onto the Motherwell game on Friday ....

Ok we've gotten through step 2 , so 12.08 on original bet , Motherwell V Hibs BTTS @ 8/11

Ok like I said the average between these 2 was 4 , tonight a 4-1 score line BTTS wins. So tommorows bet is 20.23 on Inverness V Ross county BTTS @1.78

Ok like I said the average between these 2 was 4 , tonight a 4-1 score line BTTS wins. So tommorows bet is 20.23 on Inverness V Ross county BTTS @1.78

done and dusted before half time......:)

Mornin all , Happy St. Paddys day.. Ok we're on to step 5 today ,we've gotten our initial fiver back and a little bit of profit so it's all the bookies money today to play with :-) . So it's going to be 32.08 on Sunderland V Norwich over 2.5 goals at 2.14 . I think there'll be pleanty of goals in this one , Sunderland are under a bit of pressure and need a win , Norwich always seem to score goals away from home , so here's hoping....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Mornin all , Happy St. Paddys day.. Ok we're on to step 5 today ,we've gotten our initial fiver back and a little bit of profit so it's all the bookies money today to play with :-) . So it's going to be 32.08 on Sunderland V Norwich over 2.5 goals at 2.14 . I think there'll be pleanty of goals in this one , Sunderland are under a bit of pressure and need a win , Norwich always seem to score goals away from home , so here's hoping....
    best of luck but i think it will be a cagey afair,fancy Sunderland to nick 1 then sit on it

Quick update... Bank 19.32
    In-play 32.08

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Quick update... Bank 19.32
    In-play 32.08

If your current bet comes off I think you should bank 50 euro again. If that were one of your rules you'd maintain this considerably longer. And you might even save 1.5k per year. :)

Edit - unlucky, looked good after first 40 mins

darn..... i should have cashed out at halftime, going straight back in though ,fiver on Jordan Speith on top ten finish in Tampa golf at 2.1

• Advertisement

Jordan Spieth finished tied 7th last night , unfortunately there were about 8 others tied 7th also , so bet was returned as a dead heat only getting my fiver and €1.40 profit back . It's on this note that I'm going to call it a day on this challenge , it's not that the challenge is busted , it probaly needs a bit of fine tuning and you should see a profit . For me the problem is that there are so many even money and money on markets that it impears your judgement , when there's probaly a better 3 or 4 to 1 shot elsewhere , plus there is NO FUN in backing money on shots . For the time being I'm going to have a look at the merits of other systems and see if there's something that suits me . Over the few weeks running this log I've lost €30 , there was 3 occasions when if I cashed out it would have shown a profit , my reckoning was it would take 12 - 14 steps to reach the 20 grand , I hit step 4 twice and step 5 once . So the challenge is there for anyone who wants to carry on with it , I know Riskitallrick is trying it on a smaller scale on another thread maybe he ll get luckier than me......
    Thanks Guys , I'll check back in when I come up with something better

Advertisement