Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Metro Express now available in Limerick

• 13-02-2013 9:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

For Anyone using Digiweb in the city, This is now available. Faster, More bandwith and cheaper than the Digiweb package you would have already.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    For Anyone using Digiweb in the city, This is now available. Faster, More bandwith and cheaper than the Digiweb package you would have already.

What's their service like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

I've been impressed. One half day downtime in about seven years and that was when some mast was blown down. Not having to have a landline is really handy. They have a voip service, but I rarely use that. It is weird having an 051 prefix phone in an 061 area though. There are some parts of the city where you can't get it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Zamp

I upgraded to the 30MB Metro Express package a couple of weeks ago. I was on the 5MB package for the last 4 years. To be fair I've never had any major problems with them.

At the moment I'm not getting anything near 30MB's though. The best I've seen is around 13MB's. At peak times it can go down to around 4MB's. Anyone else having issues with the speeds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Zamp wrote: »
    I upgraded to the 30MB Metro Express package a couple of weeks ago. I was on the 5MB package for the last 4 years. To be fair I've never had any major problems with them.

At the moment I'm not getting anything near 30MB's though. The best I've seen is around 13MB's. At peak times it can go down to around 4MB's. Anyone else having issues with the speeds?

I was on 8mb and at peak would get between 4 and 7mb, I switched and still seem to be getting more or less the same at peak. 18mb is the highest I've got but that was a once off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

it's due to the contention rate. at this price point I don't see this as a bargain especially comparing to Smart, not to mention the UPC crowd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

I see they still have a cap on it though, 100gb which is terrible for those speeds. I was with them for years with the normal metro but i got sick to death of having to constantly watch how much i downloaded so i switched. Couldn't use netflix or any streaming sites because it would use up the allowance in no time. To me it makes no sense to have 30mb speed and 100 gb allowance. What would you use it for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    it's due to the contention rate. at this price point I don't see this as a bargain especially comparing to Smart, not to mention the UPC crowd

Smart are their partner as far as I am aware. And some folk like myself cant get UPC :(

Is their 100gb the monthly allowance? if so, thats not too bad. My internet with eircom is woefully slow today and for the last week. Did a check for speed and I am barely getting the 1mb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Mc Love wrote: »
    Smart are their partner as far as I am aware. And some folk like myself cant get UPC :(

Is their 100gb the monthly allowance? if so, thats not too bad. My internet with eircom is woefully slow today and for the last week. Did a check for speed and I am barely getting the 1mb

100g is the limit on the supposed 30m dl speed, its 60g on the 8m

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭wildrover444

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    For Anyone using Digiweb in the city, This is now available. Faster, more bandwith and cheaper than the Digiweb package you would have already.

not sure how its cheaper or faster, im paying 35 a month and getting 5mb and 50 gb download for last few years, thats the same package they are offering for metro value,unless i pay more and upgrade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Mc Love wrote: »

Digiweb own Smart.

One thing to be careful of when considering Digiweb is that their cap is not a billing cycle cap as is normal, it's a a rolling 30 day cap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

testicle wrote: »
    Digiweb own Smart.

One thing to be careful of when considering Digiweb is that their cap is not a billing cycle cap as is normal, it's a a rolling 30 day cap.

yup, watch out for this, I was with digiweb, metro package when I first moved to limerick, was firstly a 30gb cap but then went to 60, trouble is I was always at around 50gb, you would have to stay offline and let the cap meter go back down after a few days... ridiculous setup...I would avoid any package that has a rolling cap as opposed to a monthly cap that resets itself each month :)

Advertisement