Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosses Point NS Olympic race

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

BTH wrote: »
    This is turning into a massive boards smack down.

Could get serious;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

I have GC links for all 3 disciplines. I'll post them tomorrow. Still no confirmation email for me and no response from TI??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Huff n Puff

tunney wrote: »
    The NS is an AG competition.

Overall placings, both in races and in the NS are meaningless. If anything there should no prices for overall in NS races.

Organisers want the draw and kudos of being and NS race then they need to accept the requirements of being an AGer competition.

Meaningless to have overall winners in races? I couldn't disagree with that statement and that whole post more.

Just because they are NS races doesn't mean that they stop being races. Reward age group racers whatever way you want. If you sign up to be a NS race then yes - play by the rules. However, overall placings should always be the prime focus. There is plenty of room for both. Take away overall placings and you take away top competitors from the race. This makes the NS a joke.

Yes the National Series is an age group competition but it is also one with a focus on overall positions too. The series is set-up in a way to reward age group winners and overall winners - just like the way all NS races should be. This provides a further incentive for people at the top to improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Meaningless to have overall winners in races? I couldn't disagree with that statement and that whole post more.

Just because they are NS races doesn't mean that they stop being races. Reward age group racers whatever way you want. If you sign up to be a NS race then yes - play by the rules. However, overall placings should always be the prime focus. There is plenty of room for both. Take away overall placings and you take away top competitors from the race. This makes the NS a joke.

Yes the National Series is an age group competition but it is also one with a focus on overall positions too. The series is set-up in a way to reward age group winners and overall winners - just like the way all NS races should be. This provides a further incentive for people at the top to improve.

I had a long response written but in all honesty I don't really care :)

Best of luck this year racing.

Swim
    Bike
    Run

I assume it will be the same course. Confirmation mail arrived. I'm in too :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

This will be a good old fashion hoe-down!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Everyone put down ridiculous swim times to get in wave 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

I don't think my 22:00 was overly ambitious. :rolleyes:

I put down last years time. That will probably have me in wave 2. Oops!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

BTH wrote: »
    I don't think my 22:00 was overly ambitious. :rolleyes:

Either was my 25mins:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I reckon the smack talk thread should be ressurected purely for this race alone:)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭keelang

It was only one wave last year as far as I remember will that change now its an NS race?

Either was my 25mins:rolleyes:

Well if it was 1500m straight down you could do 25min

Well if it was 1500m straight down you could do 25min

As in sinking? No 22mins i reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

As in sinking? No 22mins i reckon.

You do know this isn't a sprint, right?? :D

I reckon the smack talk thread should be ressurected purely for this race alone:)

You want to hang out with the big boys?

You want to hang out with the big boys?

To be fair papa smurf is "a big boy" in comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

I've painted the day-glo target on my wetsuit. Suck my shiny tiny briney bubbles Fran;)

I actually went to enter this. May 25th, brother in laws 30th.

Will have to wait until DCT to put the hobbit back in his very very small box.

I actually went to enter this. May 25th, brother in laws 30th.

Will have to wait until DCT to put the hobbit back in his very very small box.

There is always North Tipp tri McChunky rather than waiting until DCT.

• Advertisement

Thats one of the few races I could never go back to (this year anyways)

DCT - game on

Thats one of the few races I could never go back to (this year anyways)

DCT - game on

The only thing that upsets me about that race is the annual Weils warning the week before. Braver men than I.

The only thing that upsets me about that race is the annual Weils warning the week before. Braver men than I.

I did the race last year and no issues. I didn't hear of anyone having issues either. I take those warnings with a pinch of salt.

pgibbo wrote: »
    I did the race last year and no issues. I didn't hear of anyone having issues either. I take those warnings with a pinch of salt.

"But I know somebody who's friends dogs vets husband got sick THE DAY AFTER THE RACE"

"How did he get on in the race?"

"Oh he didn't do it, but they have to be related"

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭ray o

pgibbo wrote: »

2011 was a bad year, too many genuine cases of sickness. But sure that could have been those bleedn' burgers after the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭ray o

FYI - Entries opened this morning.

ray o wrote: »
    2011 was a bad year, too many genuine cases of sickness. But sure that could have been those bleedn' burgers after the race.

Neeeeeiiigggghhhhh - must have been the water

I'm entered this, but am double booked, the Wicklow Way relay is on the same day. Rosses Point is sold out at the moment, but I'm selling my entry for face price €45 if anyone is interested. PM me for details.

(mods I have sent you confirmation email regarding process for transferring entries from organizers)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    I'm entered this, but am double booked, the Wicklow Way relay is on the same day.

Well feck you KG:)
    Thats the feet I was hoping to catch onto gone now.

• Advertisement

Abhainn wrote: »
    Well feck you KG:)
    Thats the feet I was hoping to catch onto gone now.

You don't need my feet at the rate your swimming is coming along;) The Tri club put in a team for the WWR and M40's are thin on the ground, have to do that!

(Entry is probably sold now, by the way)

Advertisement