Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scared

Options
  • 13-02-2013 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Hey all, due to start Clomid shortly, and to be brutally honest, I am so so so scared it wont work. I know there is a chance it wont work but I really have a lot of hopes on it. I genuinely think I will be gutted if nothing happens.
    I know staying positive is key, but I dont know how I will deal with the disappointment. IVF is just not an option for me at the moment.

Anyone else feel like this?

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

fend wrote: »
    Hey all, due to start Clomid shortly, and to be brutally honest, I am so so so scared it wont work. I know there is a chance it wont work but I really have a lot of hopes on it. I genuinely think I will be gutted if nothing happens.
    I know staying positive is key, but I dont know how I will deal with the disappointment. IVF is just not an option for me at the moment.

Anyone else feel like this?

I went on Clomid and got pregnant on my third cycle. Currently on maternity leave with the baby, and recently got pregnant after (barely) trying on my second cycle naturally. Unfortunately I miscarried, but I was reassured that I got pregnant so easily the second time around.

My first cycle with Clomid worked too well, and I had too many mature follicles, so the cycle was cancelled, the second one, I took less Clomid but it just didnt work, and the third cycle I got my BFP.

Hope this helps a bit. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Thangel

I did two cycles of clomid and it didn't work so I moved onto injections. The injections have worked and while I'm not pregnant yet, it's early days and I have as good a chance as I can of getting pregnant. Try not to worry about it not working. If you go into the process already stressed it's not going to help. There are always other options. Best of luck.

Advertisement