Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Last Man Standing Idea

• 13-02-2013 9:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭

Hi,

As the organiser of the Boards paid FF league, I've been asked to throw this idea out for potenially ( unlikely ) remainder of this season, and more likely the start of next if there is interest.

Would a last man standing competition for Boards members, costing 10 euro each be something to interest people. I know many clubs run such a tournament and normally take half for fund raising and half for the winner.

I would propose either a winner take all pot, or if people were agreeable maybe a 30 - 40% donation from the total to charity, ( not sure if Boards have a favoured charity and if not we could put up a poll )

Just early days of an idea, and seeing what feedback is.

Thanks

Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Boards has it's own charity - Santa Strike Force.

Is it paid by paypal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Count me in. 40% to winner, 20% to second and 40% to charity? Surely get at least 100 from here to enter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Id certainly be interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Would be interested definately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Id be interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

I'd be interested but f*** the charity.

Pay out all the money.

If the winner wants to give to a charity of their choice then so be it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Ok, do you think we should look at starting one for the remainder of the season, or should I hold off until circa July and start getting things rolling in a big way then?

I'm happy to do either, but would prefer if the first one was a success so if that means holding off then no problems.

Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Do one now, and roll it into the LoI summer fixtures if needs be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Invincible

Ok, do you think we should look at starting one for the remainder of the season, or should I hold off until circa July and start getting things rolling in a big way then?

I'm happy to do either, but would prefer if the first one was a success so if that means holding off then no problems.

Paul

If you expect 100, possibility that it will rollover to next season, as more than one would still be in running if you start now.

Advertisement