Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage heaters not working

Options
  • 13-02-2013 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭

Hi lads.... I know this has come up before (and people mentioned the switch) but our 2 storage heaters have stopped working. The fan part in the bigger one (smaller one does not have fan) is working. I'm useless with electrics, can someone point me in the right direction in terms of what the issue might be and perhaps suggest an electrician in the South Dublin/Ballinteer area who could sort it out quickly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,990 ✭✭✭✭listermint

If your a tenant, this is your landlords issue to repair.

Ive had this done in the past when operation seized.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

listermint wrote: »
    If your a tenant, this is your landlords issue to repair.

Ive had this done in the past when operation seized.

Thanks but I'm not a tenant, I need to get it fixed myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

If both stopped working at the same time it is most likely an issue at the fuseboard. Check the timer which operates them is working properly as these can fail and would prevent the heaters coming on too. The fan is run from a different circuit so it will operate regardless.

Check the tripswitches in your fuseboard are all up, check the clock beside your meter is at the right time and take it from there. If the clock has stopped, call the ESB.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

If both stopped working at the same time it is most likely an issue at the fuseboard. Check the timer which operates them is working properly as these can fail and would prevent the heaters coming on too. The fan is run from a different circuit so it will operate regardless.

Check the tripswitches in your fuseboard are all up, check the clock beside your meter is at the right time and take it from there. If the clock has stopped, call the ESB.

Tx so much I'll check this out. The clock is out of reach unfortunately, it's behind a door seemingly only the meter reader has a key too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

If it has a devireg controller, that is another possibility. If there is one, there might be a dial on it with Day written under it. Turn it to constant, and see if that brings them on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Also check if your roomstat (on wall)is turned up

• Registered Users Posts: 3 blooz1

I have 2 Creda storage heaters one of which is a combi. They were both working fine until the time clock in the building went haywire. The clock seems to be right now but while the heaters are working theyre not giving out enough heat even with the charge input and the room thermostat set to the max. Anyone got any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

If there is a devireg in the system just get it removed they are crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 blooz1

Dotsie~tmp wrote: »
    If there is a devireg in the system just get it removed they are crap.

If they are located in the fuse box then I dont have one.

Advertisement