Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will there ever be a baldness cure?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Bald is a great look

Baldness as a style doesn't suit everyone - I'd look ridiculous. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

BeerWolf wrote: »
    You can always opt to have hair implants and have a doll's scalp.

Link

:pac:

I've always wondered do hair plugs turn grey later in life? What will Wayne Rooney look like in 40 years....Donald Trump?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

I suppose if I was bald I could do this... :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

seamus wrote: »
    When you hit your 30s you do start to notice signs of aging (in fact most people notice from about 25). Fighting this is pissing in the wind. You're getting older, accept it. Spending huge money to delay the aging process is literally throwing your money down the drain.
    Looking around at my peers in their late 40's, hairloss funny enough isn't the most aging thing. I'd say outside of attitude(which is huge) weight gain, skin pallor and wrinkles trump baldness every time. Makes sense I suppose. If you shaved your head at 21, stayed the same weight and look after your skin, then you'll not look that much different at 50. However if you've a full head of hair(which will usually have gone grey*), a belly that would shame buddha and when you smile the skin on your face looks like a grannies elbow, you're gonna look like an oulfella.

While women don't go bald nearly as much as men - though some do and now that's a real headfcuk - it's a lot harder for a woman to fight off the signs of aging. Hormonal stuff can play havoc with them, they've thinner skin which shows damage earlier than men and weight gain can require crazy amounts of effort to avoid. Cellulite in men is a near unknown(and by god I'd be getting to a physic pronto if I had any). Plus a smattering of age signs on men is often seen as "distinguished", the equivalent on women not nearly as much so. Throw in the constantly shifting sea of fashion to buy into and it can't be much fun. Basically we blokes have a lot less to bitch about re signs of aging. Baldness is about it really.

*Actually IMH going grey ages a man faster than going bald. I knew plenty of blokes who were or going bald by 25 or earlier. I'd reckon at least a third of Irish men would be in that bracket. However I knew few enough that started to go noticeably grey before mid late 30's. So balding while certainly associated with adulthood, isn't the preserve of the middle aged as much as greying is.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Want to look more manly? Shave your head, as study reveals bald men are seen as more dominant

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2211097/Want-look-manly-Shave-head-study-reveals-bald-men-seen-dominant.html Those with thinning hair were advised to bite the bullet and shave off what remains to appear more masculine

Then again the Mail just repeat stuff they've seen on cracked.com
    http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/a-sincere-apology-from-cracked-to-daily-mail/

Advertisement