Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navan Town Park

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Good idea but it won't be treated with the respect it deserves. There will be dog sh*t everywhere and anti social behaviour will kick in along with late night drinking. The people of Navan wouldn't appreciate anything like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Good idea but it won't be treated with the respect it deserves. There will be dog sh*t everywhere and anti social behaviour will kick in along with late night drinking. The people of Navan wouldn't appreciate anything like this.

That's not really fair, there are plenty of us here that will very much appreciate this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

NufcNavan wrote: »
    The people of Navan wouldn't appreciate anything like this.

That more than a bit unfair to say. Did you everhear of the phrase "tarring everyone with the same brush"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Is there a playground in this park?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Moanin wrote: »
    Is there a playground in this park?

Not yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 AdamB93

Has anyone been to the park at night? I'd love to do some stargazing down there away from the streetlights in my estate. If there's only drunken 15 year olds, I can deal with that. Other things though, I'd rather not be around...

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭maco12

the park not just a path around a field!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Well I decided to take the hound to the park today as the weather report was threatening rain so Bettystown was a no no. Wish I had of gone to Bettystown instead even if it had been raining as forecast. The path is very dusty. The "green" is like no mans land with only a very small section beside the car park suitable for kids or a kick about.
    The circular path took less than ten minutes. No bins and benches facing odd vistas.
    I have to say the thing that most unimpressed me was the electricity power grid thingy right by the entrance. I can't say its something I would like to be in close proximity to on a regular basis so I think I will be keeping the park as a winter walking place purely for the path and lighting when its dark.
    In a word, Meh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Son0vagun wrote: »
    Is it open yet? Where can I park so I can walk around it?

It's definitely open. The front part is fab, the back is a bit like something from Armageddon but they'll get there eventually with it. There is parking so you can just drive in now.

Has anyone measures the length of the walk round it? I reckon it's about 2km but not sure?

Advertisement