Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!! Trying to set up an Ip Camera

Options
  • 13-02-2013 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

It's a tenvis ip camera - for the initial set up it is looking for me to connect to pc via router, I have one of those three webcube things so can't physically connect through that, have connected the camera with a network cable to laptop directly and the ip cameras software can pick it up, but its not connecting to Internet and I'm lost - not an IT person so its probably something simple - but can ye keep solution simple too

Thanks

Bernie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Your laptop is using the wireless connection to connect to the internet? The camera is connected to the laptop with a LAN cable?

You'll need to share the wireless connection then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Can the Tenvis connect wirelessly to the three cube? If it can see below, if it can't then, as torqay mentioned you'll need to share out your internet connection from the laptop but this means the laptop will always need to be on for the camera to work and you're also going to run in to some problems when forwarding on the ports, you might be better off getting a TP-Link wireless repeater that you can connect the camera to with the wired connection instead.

Once you have the tenvis connected to the computer via network cable you need to make sure your lan connection is also on the same subnet. ie if the camera is at 192.168.20.x then your laptop also has to be on 192.168.20.x

See here for how to set an ip address: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IE/windows7/Change-TCP-IP-settings

Once done navigate to the ip address of the camera (including port) within Internet Explorer so for example if your camera has an ip address of 192.168.20.20 and a port of 81 then enter in http://192.168.20.20:81 into the address bar of Internet Explorer. (Note: possibly disable your wireless first).

Now, once in the tevis webpage give it a static ip address within your network subnet and then connect it to the wireless connection. You may also want to connect it to a dyndns account here as well as you'll have a dynamic ip address you'll want to be able to track when outside the network.

Next step is to forward the relevant port to the camera from the settings of your three cube so that connections can be made to it from the outside world. Best bet on this is to pop the model of your router with portforwarding in to google, there should be a couple of examples there which you can follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Bee07

Once the ip camera is set up it can connect wirelessly so fingers crossed I don't have to leave the laptop on - I'm going to see if I can do what u suggest as I say not an IT person so wish me luck

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Bee07

Give up I changed the IP address and can't find it then when I'm in Internet explorer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Bee07 wrote: »
    Give up I changed the IP address and can't find it then when I'm in Internet explorer

There should have been a wee disc with it, pop that in and run the scanner and it should be able to find where you put it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement