Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC wired GSM alarm

Options
  • 13-02-2013 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello.
    Need a bit of advice please. I have a HKC wired GSM alarminstalled in home since 2007. Everything was fine up to 4 weeks ago. 1st the front doorsensor activated but instead of triggering the internal and external siren normallyand consequently alerting me via phone, it made pulsed the sirens and displayed“Fire, Fire, Fire” on the key pad.
    2nd issue, I have a pay as you go sim card in thecontrol box, however Meteor cut me off for not topping up (usually this isevery six months, but this time they deactivated my sim after 4 months!). I consequentlytop up and reactivated the sim and it started to work again..however I arrivedhome a few weeks back to an alarm ringing and no call from the unit to alert me…thistime I have verified that the sim is OK (checked with meteor and actually tookthe sim out to verify in a phone), alas my GSM alarm will not call me..
    What to do? Unfortunately I have tried calling the guy whois installed it, but he does not seem interest to come a have a look… business mustbe good?!

Any help greatly appreciated
    Regards
    D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭John Kelly of

dont know about the sim not working. are you sure you set off a full alarm?, ie fullset, wait till fully armed and open the back door for example. If it still doesnt work try powering down the gsm unit and power up again. sometimes that works.
    As for fire thing it sounds like a smoke detector activated not the front door. do you have the engineer code? then look in the log and see what happened. iirc there is a list of options which can be toggled on and off which will report via the gsm. perhaps 'report fire' is toggled off? or mabye you were already cut off when this event happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Damoh

Yeah the alarm is fully set, and when the front door opens it displays FireFire Fire on the control keypad, even when the alarm of off when you open thefront door it still goes off again displaying Fire Fire Fire on the panel.
    I spoke with the guy who fitted it; initially he said he would call over…alas now he’s not interested! I have asked him for the Engineers code…but noreply to my text’s… how decent is that!
    I have noticed on the GSM control box in the loft it now flashes on …then F5?I had not seen that before. I have tried to goggle the error code(?) F5 but tono avail?

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭John Kelly of

don't know sounds like your front door has somehow been changed into a fire zone, have no clue how that could happen without you knowing about it. doesn't sound like you have a hkc gsm either as they don't have a display on them. Sounds like you need to get an engineer out.

Advertisement