Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smurfit: MSc in Digital Marketing

Options
  • 13-02-2013 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Hi, I posted this in the Postgraduates forum but didn't get a response. Re-posting it here as one of the courses is in Smurfit and hoping someone may know more about it.
    John83 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm thinking of dipping my toe into the Masters pool and have been browsing through different options. I have a degree in Computer Systems and a postgrad HDip in Business. Currently based and working in Galway so looking at doing something part-time. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of part-time options in Galway for me so I was looking at Dublin.

I've come across these two that sound like something I'd enjoy.

MSc in Digital Marketing - Smurfit
    MSc in Marketing with Digital Media - DBS

They seem to be similar enough. I've read through the different modules and while they're named differently I think concept and end product the same.

The big difference in the two is the fees. Smurfit fees will come to €13,000. DBS fees don't seem to be listed for this course but all their part-time masters courses seem to come in at around €10,000.

I have studied part-time before in DBS while in Galway and it would seem to be the more accessible to me in terms of location. But I don't want that to be the primary deciding factor. Has anyone done these courses or know anything about them? Or is there one you would recommend over the other?

Advertisement