Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asian Food Shop

Options
  • 13-02-2013 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭

Anyone able to recommend a good Asian food shop in the city? Just interested in browsing and picking up a few bits like garam masala and herbs and spices in general, as well as a few sauces if something takes my fancy.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Are they not all good?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Asiatic Manila on Abbeygate Street is great.
    If you want middle eastern style stuff The Mediterranean Food Shop in west side business park is good, for Indian style stuff I like Arma beside Aldi in west side and the place in Terryland down behind Kearney's Cycles.
    The African Store on Prospect hill is worth checking out too, lots of peppers and spices and stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

snubbleste wrote: »
    Are they not all good?

Shockingly, some are better/cheaper/more range than others :eek:

Imagine that!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

The one over the road from CP's / between Javas and la Salsa is good. Can't remember what it's called.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

+1 Asiatic Manilla - that's the one beside Java. Those small bananas are GREAT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

+1 Asiatic Manilla - that's the one beside Java. Those small bananas are GREAT.

That's also where I shop. I get sushi ingredients I can no longer get at Tesco there. They also have a nice udon soup packet straight on as you enter the door.

There's a place just up the road by Finnegans worth a look. I also pop in to the place by westside aldi. Pretty big shop and have some interesting ingredients.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Aroma beside Aldi in Westside is great for more Indian/Pakistani style stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

snubbleste wrote: »
    Are they not all good?
    If fact they all are. I love those shops.
    Aroma or the Mediterranean Shop is were I mostly go but you should visit all.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Winston79

squonk wrote: »
    Anyone able to recommend a good Asian food shop in the city? Just interested in browsing and picking up a few bits like garam masala and herbs and spices in general, as well as a few sauces if something takes my fancy.

As said, the shop over at Westside is very good. They do big bags of spices for a few euro an plenty of sauces, some nice ready made curry sauces if you're in a hurry for curry!

Advertisement