Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LMG internals

• 13-02-2013 12:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, so I've moved on from my thought of building an sr-25( I figured that getting the proper gearbox,mags and the rest would set me back quite a bit) basically, I am now thinking of building an LMG type m4! So I can't think of many internals that I should get. I have an 8mm g&g gearbox shell but I plan to remove the internals from that as there 'not amazing' lets just say. Thinking of high speed but not 'too high speed'. I want it to be reliable so maybe high speed gears and a high torque motor? Something else is that I want a fixed stock but I was wondering if there any variations of the fixed stock like what the stoner has.
    If your still here and haven't fallen asleep yet I'm not sure as to what cylinder to get for an m16 length inner barrel.
    Thanks, any help is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Hi lads, so I've moved on from my thought of building an sr-25( I figured that getting the proper gearbox,mags and the rest would set me back quite a bit) basically, I am now thinking of building an LMG type m4! So I can't think of many internals that I should get. I have an 8mm g&g gearbox shell but I plan to remove the internals from that as there 'not amazing' lets just say. Thinking of high speed but not 'too high speed'. I want it to be reliable so maybe high speed gears and a high torque motor? Something else is that I want a fixed stock but I was wondering if there any variations of the fixed stock like what the stoner has.
    If your still here and haven't fallen asleep yet I'm not sure as to what cylinder to get for an m16 length inner barrel.
    Thanks, any help is much appreciated.

as a heads up, I would highly advice against turning an M4 into an 'LMG'. People at skirmished will not be too fond of you, all the maneuverability of an AR with the rate of fire and mag capacity of a support weapon usually doesn't go down too well in my experience.
    If you're still looking to go that direction, then get 14:1 or 13:1 gears to get the rate of fire up, SHS motor (hobby has them in) you can get a shortened m16 full stock for it if you're looking for something along those lines. if you're sticking to the an M16's length barrel than I think you're going to need a non ported cylinder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

Thanks, honestly I'm just thinking of a backup since I've put so much time effort and money into my current gun which is only just barely away from completion.
    I hear a lot of people talking about the SHS gears and motors so they must be good, how about a full steel tooth piston to accommodate the high speed?

Advertisement