Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Website Bug that costs YOU

Options
  • 13-02-2013 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,

BE AWARE of the following "bug" on the Ryanair website.

So this is what happens.

Having selected your Departure and Destination airports and Dates on the front page customers are asked to enter verification words. All good so far.

The customer is then presented with a selection of “Going Out” times , the default being the first flight on the day selected – so you pick your preference.

The customer is then presented with a selection of “Coming Back” times , the default being the first flight on the day selected – so you pick your preference.

The customer is then presented with the Total shown at the end of the screen and “Select and Continue” button.

If however you don’t want to pay by debit card (as many won’t) you must change the default selection under the Total to “Pay by Credit card”

**Once you click Pay by Credit - guess what? Your previously select Going Out and/or Coming Back times are reset to either the unpopular first or last flight of the day!

It is only by careful re-checking of your flight times at this point on the narrow side-bar match wrt your original preferences that you can spot the change ans set about fixing (re-selecting).

If you simply go through the process carefully selecting as you go you will wind up with different flight times than your originally selected!

So having been “caught” by this trap (bug) you will either i) not be aware the times had changed until departure and have your day/trip ruined or ii) spot before departure. If you sport more than 24 hours after the booing you will have to pay for a flight change. If you spot less 24 hours later you will have to pay a 10 euro admin fee plus any fare increase.

In any case heads Ryanair wins, tales you lose.

If you want to compliant about the 10 euro admin fee, you have to write a letter (and Ryanair will email you back!) .

This bug has been there at least since Sunday 10/2/13 (on both Mozilla and Internet-Explorer 9) but it has not been fixed yet, nor have I got a warning notice email from Ryanair saying that my flight times maybe different to what I originally selected during the booking process.

I am wondering that since this “bug” is making them money they may not be in a hurry to fix it? I do hop they will at lease email all customers to make them aware they may not have the flight times they thought.

Still waiting...

/Caomh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

This has always been the case. If you click something else after selecting your flights it will always default to the first flight available.

Dont hold your breath waiting for an e mail about flight time changes. There wont be one as your flight time has not changed.

As has always been the case with RA - check, check and check again before proceeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Caomh

So your're saying that that is the "normal" booking process, i.e. that the customer explicitly makes choices as part of a sequential booking process and Ryanair then change your previously made choices without warning and its upto you to spot that change. Has anyone ever rasied this with the consumer association?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

You made a choice then clicked something else therefore essentially starting again. Its up to you to make sure you are paying for what you want.

You just have to be 100% on the ball when booking with RA and as I said check, check and check again!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Hi there Caomh,

It was nice of you to sign up to boards only to start with a rant about Ryanair. If you want to discuss this issue further in consumer issues, the thread is right here.

I am closing this thread here now as your query has been answered by flikflak as far as I am concerned.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement