Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smoking policy at work

Options
  • 13-02-2013 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

They just sent out an email and now ecigs are prohibited at work.
    That's because there is nicotine and other narcotics (which are the narcotics)
    that contributes to adverse health effects (what about the chips in the vending machine?? grrr) and
    The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has also warned that they are unsafe

obviously I am angry.
    I was not chain-vaping as crazy doing big amount of vapor.
    But I like to keep my ecig in my mouth and sometimes have a drag and not doing a lot of vapor also because I feel shy.

What about the other places?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

jsabina wrote: »
    that contributes to adverse health effects (what about the chips in the vending machine?? grrr) and

obviously I am angry.
    But I like to keep my ecig in my mouth and sometimes have a drag and not doing a lot of vapor also because I feel shy.

I think it's fair enough that the use of ecigs while at a desk or in the public eye is prohibited. It might not be smoking but it does look like smoking.

Just do what the regular smokers do, go to the defined areas at the allotted times or whenever you get the opportunity, and have your puff.

If you don't want to go out to the cold, and neither would I, surely there are places you can go indoors, for a puff.

I'd say it's viewed in such a way that while you're vaping, you're not working and you're slacking off. That's not the case I'm sure, but to a non smoker or business owner, it's a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

obviously I am angry.

I'm allowed to vape in our stock-room, but I'm in retail so I can hardly be puffing while serving or doing the book-keeping in front of customers.

There's little to no nicotine in exhaled vapour - in the Clearstream study the tent w/machine used to test this wasn't able to detect even a single microgram and that was with 5 vapers in a small tent vaping for a 5 hours.
    A microgram is one-thousandth of a milligram. Undetectable.
    Less nicotine content than there is quarter of a jar of Dolmio. You should insist that they ban pasta bakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

That is nothing more than control-freakery by the usual bunch of anti-smoking (and ex-smoker) Nazis, who simply cannot accept the fact there's a way to still have your nicotine and not smoke or use patches and all that other nonsense.
    Also - this is the BIG bit - you look like you're enjoying it.
    They CAN'T have that.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

but then I could also vape without nicotine just because I am crazy addicted to the habit..
    buah..

Advertisement