Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car clinic witches lane

Options
  • 13-02-2013 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

hi, have to get my car serviced, and was thinking of these, anyone on boards ever got a service done there thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Yes i have had work done there, I was happy enough, looks like they are doing good business too cos they just expanded their work shop to an extra lane which was previously part of their shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

I always go to these guys to get work done. I find them very competitive and knowledgeable. They always seem very busy. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Any ideas how much to have a timing belt done on a 1999 A3 if i supply the belt and pump?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PremierDeise

Media999 wrote: »
    Any ideas how much to have a timing belt done on a 1999 A3 if i supply the belt and pump?

I dont think many places will do work on a car unless they have supplied the parts themselves incase anything happened.

• Advertisement

I dont think many places will do work on a car unless they have supplied the parts themselves incase anything happened.

Very few places will do work on your car if you supply the parts, you will get back street garages that do it alright,

Your best getting the parts through the garage anyway cos there will be a guarantee on the parts they supply for 2 years i think, so if you have a faulty part you should in theory be able to go back and get the part changed out for free, I had a ball joint go on my car 9 months after getting the job done and i went back and had it changed out for free, the best advice i can give you is if your going to have work done on your car try and stick to one garage that way the owner will know your name and youll know theirs, and they should in theory have details of what youve done or theyve done to you car in the past so if a part does fail you can take out your old docket and say here you did that just 6 months ago it shouldnt be failling so quick and they will have evidence of this on their computer system!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Spadzy

i also use the and find them super........................

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Twoelles

If they wont do it then o sheas in tramore will charge you labour to fit your own timing belt, it depends on the car as to how long it will take

The reasons that most garages dont allow you to buy your own parts is in case you supply the wrong part. Lets say for a timing belt and water pump is wrong that you supply and the car is on the lift taken apart for its new timing belt and it is wrong....the garage then have to get the right part (which might not be in stock) so car ends up in the garage for a day or 2 more than it should have. Which is bad for the garage and the customer.

If you use the same supplier as the mechanics its pretty difficult to get it wrong. They search your reg to get your car specs to get the correct product

• Advertisement

but most people dont get it from local suppliers..........they get parts frome ebay ect! it would be kinda pointless for the customer to buy parts from the local supplier as the price to a fella that walks in off the street will be what he will pay for the parts from a garage as they will get a larger discount than Joe public.

scanlons cost 87 euros - the garages quoted me between 140 and 180.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Proper Audi parts and not cheap copies.

No way id want someone else selecting what parts go in my car. Too easy to go the cheap route or fit parts from other cars and make an extra few pound for themselves. Always get the best reviewed or best suited parts i can get myself. Just never had a TB done this way.

Id be very cautios about buying parts off of ebay too, you dont know who your buying off and what quality they are either, i suppose this is a trial and error situation, I did buy parts off ebay but i knew they were second hand parts and there wasnt much that could go wrong with a door handel, but some parts youd want to buy them from someone where you know your getting a guarantee, like if you get the part supplied by a reputable dealer you have 2 years guarantee and CAN go back to have that part replaced free of charge should they fail. if you buy a part off ebay and it fails in your car it could cause serious damage and you dont have any come back with the garage youll just have to pay them again to fix it again,

I would advise anybody who isnt sure about something on their car to do their homework and when you go to the garage speak to them like you know what your talking about,;) this way they may not try to bluff you so much, the internet and youtube are great for learngin names of parts and possible causes of problems and how it should be fixed.

Hi Mr Garage man yeah i think its the Ball joint on the front right thats making the noise and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

just to let u know got my car serviced in the car clinic in witches,very disappointed would not go back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

just to let u know got my car serviced in the car clinic in witches,very disappointed would not go back again.

Why, what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

In the interest of fairness you'll have to post more information ...

There isnt a garage in Waterford that hasnt had an unhappy customer at some point, i suppose the thing is to come and say what it was and why you werent happy with, the trick is to pick a garage that has more happy customers than angry ones! Most main dealers have got customers who have been unhappy at one time or another including myself.

Advertisement