Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little irish flag?

• 13-02-2013 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Now lets not go over the Irish Dpm thing god knows we know its illegal to wear unless on duty so please let's not go there!

Simple question really, is the little flag on Irish Dpm illegal to wear? Obv not taking one off an actual uniform as this would be criminal damage no!

Now I have the means to make these little flags and wanted to make one for myself.

So is it illegal to wear and illegal to make.
    I wanted to make an exact replica?

Cheers for the help and remember this is not about Dpm only about the little non issue flag I could make:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Absolutely.........not illegal. You can get Tricolours as velcro patches and throw them on any uniform you like.

Note: The following paragraph is just for clarity. It is not aimed at anyone in particular.

As long as you are not going to put it on a close copy, or similar patterened DPM uniform and go out in public saying you are defense forces no-one will bat an eyelid. If, however,(and I am not implying you would, I'm just stating the obvious) you decide that you want to impersonate a member of the Irish Defense Forces or claim you are something you are not, then you are just being a complte tool and it could land you in deep sh1t.

Post pics of the flags when you get them done. you might get a couple of buyers here or on other forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Trebob

Tommyboy71 wrote: »
    Absolutely.........not illegal. You can get Tricolours as velcro patches and throw them on any uniform you like.

Note: The following paragraph is just for clarity. It is not aimed at anyone in particular.

As long as you are not going to put it on a close copy, or similar patterened DPM uniform and go out in public saying you are defense forces no-one will bat an eyelid. If, however,(and I am not implying you would, I'm just stating the obvious) you decide that you want to impersonate a member of the Irish Defense Forces or claim you are something you are not, then you are just being a complte tool and it could land you in deep sh1t.

Post pics of the flags when you get them done. you might get a couple of buyers here or on other forums.

No it's only for skirmishing, be on us pattern woodland and Urbans. Il be making them exact size/same stitching il get them done and il post a pic.

Thanks for the info on it I just wasn't sure:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

I got small ones here. And they are so cheap ($1.20 each and $2.40 for shipping of a few) it would hardly be worth your while to try and do them yourself.

They are adhesive backed, but will stick well to some adhesive velcro.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Trebob

sliabh wrote: »
    I got small ones here. And they are so cheap ($1.20 each and $2.40 for shipping of a few) it would hardly be worth your while to try and do them yourself.

They are adhesive backed, but will stick well to some adhesive velcro.

Cheers mate I think I'm going to try my hand at making them they are only 3cm big so will try that maybe do the ones that say ireland above the flag too. If it doesn't work out il try that link you sent me:D

Advertisement