Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airtricity league 2013

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Boylesports odds 2013

Shamrock Rovers 11/8
    Sligo Rovers 23/10
    St Patrick's Athletic 9/2
    Derry City 12/1
    Limerick 16/1
    Drogheda Utd 22/1
    Cork City 25/1
    Shelbourne 40/1
    Bohemians 50/1
    Dundalk 50/1
    UCD 125/1
    Bray Wanderers 200/1

I think Dundalk are worth backing at 50s with a view to laying them off a few weeks into the season. They should drop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Lay off????

Don't remember there being much liquidity on exchanges for LOI outright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    The past 3 seasons I've got 5 mates interested in Bohs and 3 are now regulars so it 's well worth getting your mates to tag along!

This is 100% true!

Same thing happened to me, mate of mine always on to me about going out to the cross, went out and watched a few games and loved it!

Can't wait for the new season, high hopes for the lads :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Also I see the bookies are not going to be caught out again with their odds. Drogs could be got at 400/1 at this stage last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

High hopes for Cork this season, looks a really balanced squad with plenty of depth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Im going to go out on a limb and say that if we can avoid injuries we will be in the mix going into the last series.

Ideal scenario really. I do not think we will win the league or even come 2nd this season, but if we are withing touching distance of 2nd going into the last series I will be delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

As long as Sky exists and there is no League of Ireland players in the International set up domestic football will be ignored in this country. However I have my season ticket and I high hopes (which no doubt will be obliterated by April) that the Hoops will get their trophy back in November.

BTW, unapologetic spamming ;) I'm running a LOI Prediction League, if anyones interested.

Link here, it does exactly what it says on the tin....
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056865880

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Second season of LOI games for me. Looking forward to it.
    I think we can actually do pretty well this season (despite the majority here predicting us to be relegated), especially with Dave McMillan in from the start. We got 21 points in the second half of the season with McMillan in the team after looking like certainties for relegation before that.
    Hopefully Martin's worked on defending corners because they always caused absolute panic in the box last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Second season of LOI games for me. Looking forward to it.
    I think we can actually do pretty well this season (despite the majority here predicting us to be relegated), especially with Dave McMillan in from the start. We got 21 points in the second half of the season with McMillan in the team after looking like certainties for relegation before that.
    Hopefully Martin's worked on defending corners because they always caused absolute panic in the box last season.
    McMillan in from the start but six departures will mean UCD will have a normal season for them. Relegation battle again, I reckon. We are fairly happy to have got O'Conor and Rusk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    McMillan in from the start but six departures will mean UCD will have a normal season for them. Relegation battle again, I reckon. We are fairly happy to have got O'Connor and Rusk.

Drogs have signed Graham Rusk and Paul O'Conor.
    Rusk is better in midfield or as a deep lying centre-forward supporting the out and out striker.

Paulo in action while with UCD Leinster Senior League side.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

LiamMc wrote: »

Drogs have signed Graham Rusk and Paul O'Conor.
    Rusk is better in midfield or as a deep lying centre-forward supporting the out and out striker.

Paulo in action while with UCD Leinster Senior League side.

Didnt know you could shoot videos on a nokia 3310

Sorry LiamMc - didn't realise you were with the typo police. I've edited my original post to the correct spelling of his name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    Sorry LiamMc - didn't realise you were with the typo police. I've edited my original post to the correct spelling of his name.

You're not sorry. It wasn't a typo, you spelt your own player's name wrong.
    There's no need to be smart or disrespectful about your own player.
    Good to be able to spell a footballers name right before the start of the season, shows respect towards your own club's player.

LiamMc wrote: »
    You're not sorry. It wasn't a typo, you spelt your own player's name wrong.
    There's no need to be smart or disrespectful about your own player.
    Good to be able to spell a footballers name right before the start of the season, shows respect towards your own club's player.

Good man, you talk the talk - unfortunately you cannot walk the walk.

Evan McMiillan
    LiamMc wrote:
    Great game at Morton Stadium.
    Zayed scored early and Fingal could have had another couple as our defence weren't having a good game. CB Andy Boyle scored against the run of play and then UCD had much the better of the rest of the half.
    Second half, Fingal were on top for most of it, had the clearer chances.

Evan McMiillan scored on 85 mins to take the points.

And yes - I do have a lot of time on my hands. Oh, and it's footballer's name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Play nice everyone ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

WTF just happened to this thread...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

The Cork Limerick game will be live on RTE

Is that confirmed? As if it is, its on the Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

on corks website thats its on tv.

• Advertisement

Ya, just seen that. Means I cannot go. Boo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

FFS can't go now either. 5.15 on a Sunday feck off!!!

Shels v Shamrock Rovers on TV on the Sunday at 3:55

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

From Tolka?

Has the gantry been fixed?

From Tolka?

Has the gantry been fixed?
    Must have been, or will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭legendary.xix

The Cork Limerick game will be live on RTE

What sort of support are Limerick likely to get in Thomond Park this season? About 3,000 at best?

I hope the move work's out for the club. The only option really while they are waiting for the Market's Field to be worked on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

We getting a train to Limerick...

OMFG its going to be awesome :D

Advertisement