Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best seafood restaurant Dublin

Options
  • 13-02-2013 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

In your experience, whats the best seafood restaurant in Dublin city centre.

Cliff TownHouse probably had the best selection i've seen, and was delicious too.
    But what others are out there worth trying?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Moved to Dublin City forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

The Fish Restaurant in The Lord Edward is absolutely top notch.

It's not cheap, and it's not particularly contemporary, but the food really is fantastic. They have a wide range of dishes, and will talk you through anything on the menu you're not used to.

Would recommend giving it a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭saltandpepper10

often thought of going there but it does not look inviting from outside,think i may finally try it now though cause this is not the first time iv heard great things about it.been to the seabank resturant in malahide which is very nice imo

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

If you wish to venture outside the city center I can highly recommend the Redbank Restaurant in Skerries. And the early bird is an absolute steal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

just ate in matt the threshers and had some seriously good fish....top quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Again this is outside the city centre but The Brass Monkey in Howth is very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Anywhere outside of Dublin City centre is a non runner but thanks all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭kinsy

Matt the Thresher on Pembroke St really is great. They do lots of daily specials and have a great wine list.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

I was there a few years ago , it was as good a fish restaurant I have ever been to.

The decor looked a bit tired then , maybe it's changed now ... but the food ..... FANTASTIC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

Aqua out in Howth is really nice, only been there once but it's right on the pier and the food was brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Tapas in The Oar House in Howth is one of our favourites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

I have only been here once (and I think I posted about it somewhere else in this forum) but I really didn't enjoy the food and found it very expensive... Wonder if it's changed at all recently as I went a couple of years ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭dembaba

keano2012 wrote: »
    just ate in matt the threshers and had some seriously good fish....top quality.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

http://www.bitedublin.com/ is great. Was there a couple of weeks ago and it was really impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Matt the Threshers is a really excellent spot. Had some difficulties when it first opened, and we weren't impressed with the food or the service, but was persuaded to try it again, and have had a couple of lovely evenings there since.

Advertisement