Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new xbox, cant transfer game saves

Options
  • 13-02-2013 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭

Hi, i have a new xbox slim and i am trying to transfer game saves from old xbox tonew xbox slim using a memory stick, all seems to go well transferring data using the usb stick on the old xbox, so then put usb stick into new slim xbox. but it cant see the usb stick, only sees hard drive and cloud under storage?
    anyone know were im going wrong, thks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Make sure both consoles are running the same Dashboard version, by connecting them to Live.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

No joy, connected old xbox up to live ,downloaded content again ,no problem, put stick into new xbox ,new xbox still does not see usb stick ?

Try another USB port on the new Xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Gavdalf

Did you format the USB correctly so that it works for the Xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Gavdalf wrote: »
    Did you format the USB correctly so that it works for the Xbox?

I'd imagine he did or it wouldn't have let him transfer the data on the old xbox intially.

Hmmm, as above I'd try a different USB slot on the new console.

If that doesnt work, reformat the USB key using the new xbox and see if it makes any difference?

• Advertisement

Tried the back usb , still don't see it? how do i reformat the usb using new xbox if it cant see it ?

Remove the Xbox storage from it using the old Xbox, then plug it into the new one, see if it sees it then.

That worked, reformatted usb stick on old xbox,( luckily i remember to transfer content back on to old hard drive)
    put usb stick into new xbox ,it now sees it ,ask to configure drive ,click yes, starts, but after 30sec comes up with, unable to perform action?

Odd. Have you another USB key you could try?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Format the stick in the new console & try that. Sounds like a compatibility issue

• Advertisement

i formatted the usb stick using my pc, then put it in new xbox to configure , it then said configure complete, great!
    but then went back to menu now it cant see it again!

What brand is the USB stick?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 pdidit

Can you use the cloud instead of you usb stick?

i never tried cloud, how much memory can you store?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

nig1 wrote: »
    i never tried cloud, how much memory can you store?

There's plenty of space for game saves etc, can't remember the figure though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

get a hd transfer kit.

BizzyC wrote: »
    get a hd transfer kit.

If your USB doesn't work, cloud should. If for some reason THAT doesn't work either, go for this and be done with it.

*Ahem* I may have one on adverts.ie ....

Advertisement