Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SlikStik Solitaire-J Unit

Options
  • 13-02-2013 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭

Guys. I bought this (cost me near 350 I think with shipping) new some years ago. I'm guessing 6 years.

Beeen stored under a bed and in great condition. You can see a review here.
    http://retroblast.arcadecontrols.com/reviews/solitaire.html

It uses iPac keyboard encoder. Two 8-way joys. It is tested and works great. Just hooked it up there.

Not sure what I'd want for it but sure if you are interested...tell me what you;ve got.

It's heavy btw (Dimensions are 59x34x15cm).

Pics...
    240911.JPG

240912.JPG

240913.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Hey, any idea if it would be possible to connect this to an original xBox?

Cheers

Edit - Ah, ya can't use it for simultaeneous two player :(

Thanks anyway

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I'm after something like that ,hmm I'll dig through the box of spares and see if I have anything.
    Would you be interested in a Vogatek Supergun and 2 Neo geo sticks? I got them from cidey?(thanks again mate) but tbh I reckon I'm going down the MAME route myself in future rather than PCB so at least it'd see some use?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Dr Bob wrote: »
    I'm after something like that ,hmm I'll dig through the box of spares and see if I have anything.
    Would you be interested in a Vogatek Supergun and 2 Neo geo sticks? I got them from cidey?(thanks again mate) but tbh I reckon I'm going down the MAME route myself in future rather than PCB so at least it'd see some use?.

I'm interested in everything :)

@Los Lobos. Sim 2 player on pc I guess only. As for xbox. I've no idea. Not as is that's for sure.

brianon wrote: »

I'm interested in everything :)

@Los Lobos. Sim 2 player on pc I guess only. As for xbox. I've no idea. Not as is that's for sure.
    Grand sure im happy to trade anytime if it suits

Grand sure im happy to trade anytime if it suits

Cool cool. So what exactly is it then ? What can it do and what extra would I need to get it to do it :)

I have a feeling I might have one that I never did anything with.

• Advertisement

Cool cool. So what exactly is it then ? What can it do and what extra would I need to get it to do it :)

I have a feeling I might have one that I never did anything with.
    Ah lol sorry . Its basically a board that you can plug arcade Jamma pcbs into( I.e tbe board from an arcade cab that has the game). You can then connect it up to a Tv. Theres connectors for audio out as well as 2 ports for neo geo arcade sticks. You power it off an old PC psu. This one is a vogatek V board and Ive the 2 sticks as well.
    Oh yeah with an adaptor you can play MVS carts too..I think.

So a regular jamma pcb and psu is all i'd need ?

So a regular jamma pcb and psu is all i'd need ?
    Yup.
    Might have a spare PSU to get you started as well.

Sounds good. What's the video out ?

dropped you a PM there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

FYI, the Supergun in question ran my single slot MVS board with no issues, with all 4 buttons working just fine.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    FYI, the Supergun in question ran my single slot MVS board with no issues, with all 4 buttons working just fine.

Cool. tbh though I know very little about arcade stuff (other than buttons/joysticks wired to ipacs :)).

Myself and Dr Bob are going ahead with the trade.

In terms of neo geo. Is this what I would need (plus a game) ?
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Working-NEO-GEO-single-slot-MVS-Jamma-PCB-w-Manual-International-shipping-/121056711880?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2f8ad4c8

Also, would something like this (http://www.jammaboards.com/store/276-in-1-classic-vertical-arcade-multigame-jamma-pcb.html) work ?

Cool. tbh though I know very little about arcade stuff (other than buttons/joysticks wired to ipacs :)).

Myself and Dr Bob are going ahead with the trade.

In terms of neo geo. Is this what I would need (plus a game) ?
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Working-NEO-GEO-single-slot-MVS-Jamma-PCB-w-Manual-International-shipping-/121056711880?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2f8ad4c8

Also, would something like this (http://www.jammaboards.com/store/276-in-1-classic-vertical-arcade-multigame-jamma-pcb.html) work ?
    hiya AFAIK those 2 should work , but possibly some of the more Arcade savvy lads could confirm that before you buy em!

hiya AFAIK those 2 should work , but possibly some of the more Arcade savvy lads could confirm that before you buy em!

Cheers. I've looked at jamma pcbs on ebay and although some would scoff at using the multi game ones, I think it might be a good start. The single (original) pcbs are so dear, at least for anything decent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement