Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

modulator with RJ11

Options
  • 13-02-2013 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Ca i get a replacement for my rf modulator which had an RJ11 type input as my old cctv camera has an RJ11 type output. is there an adapter to go from RJ11 to scart or phono .or perhaps a DIY wiring giagram

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Jnealon

A standard RF modulator will come with standard AV connectors, looks like you will have cut off the rj11 and solder on a connector to suit your new modulator.
    Chances are the RJ11 will have 4 wires audio, video, power and a common, you just have to find out which ones what

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bostonoo

Jnealon wrote: »
    A standard RF modulator will come with standard AV connectors, looks like you will have cut off the rj11 and solder on a connector to suit your new modulator.
    Chances are the RJ11 will have 4 wires audio, video, power and a common, you just have to find out which ones what
    Old cable has white,yellow, black,red, and a bare wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 C.TECH

If it's just video without audio..

red 12v+
    black 12v-
    Yellow is video+ or inner core of a coax
    White is the outer core or ground of a coax

bare wire is a screen?

If it has audio...

red 12v +
    black 12v- and common ground<<<from experience with rj11/rj45 cameras of ye olde Eneo all in one kits.
    yellow is the same as above
    white is audio
    the bare wire is possibly the common? though I doubt it, most likely still a screen.

Advertisement