Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine fraud prevention service

Options
  • 13-02-2013 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else spotted this charge on their bill?
    Seemingly they give customers an opt out option on their bills.
    I didn't see this notification and have been charged for the last few months.

Can companies do this type of " we are adding on a service unless you contact us" charge?

Bit sly IMO

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

What bill are you seeing this charge on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭Shelflife

The Imagine phone company, its on my phone bill.

They claim they sent an opt out clause with one of the bills last year, but I never saw it.

Offer me a service if you want but dont impose it on me. I think this type of thing will catch out alot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

The bank tried to put an extra charge on my credit card terminal. They said they had informed me by post. When I asked them to produce proof of registered post, they refunded the charge for the two months in question without argument :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mackerp

anybody have any update on this

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@Mackerp Please don't bring back up old threads, or create duplicate posts.

dudara

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement