Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifetime dog licence

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Inexile wrote: »

But, and I know this is terrible, what happens if you get a lifetime dog licence for a dog thats 1 year old and it suffers a misfortunate and dies at 2 - I am assuming you dont get a rebate.
    I know its awful to think like this but its the logical/assessing side of the brain kicking in.

Them's the breaks! I suppose it's a risk you take, and there will surely be people who will be unfortunate enough for this to happen to, but for most owners who opt for it, it represents pretty good value. I suppose it flags a commitment to the dog for life too, but I assume there has to be provision for the licence to be transferred over to a new owner when the dog has to be rehomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

DBB wrote: »
    .... I assume there has to be provision for the licence to be transferred over to a new owner when the dog has to be rehomed.

I wouldnt assume anything. Not sure if the councils record keeping are able to keep track of such changes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Inexile wrote: »

I wouldnt assume anything. Not sure if the councils record keeping are able to keep track of such changes.

No. Come to think of it, neither would I! Wishful thinking perhaps.
    Though I think some county councils are more "with it" than others.

Advertisement