Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc. thesis - request for usability testers (Java)

Options
  • 13-02-2013 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭

Hello All,

To complete my thesis I need some Java developers/students to take a 30 question quiz, review the study report, and then answer a 10 question survey about their experience.

The study report is the important part - it's generated using semantic web technologies and is the subject of my thesis. All responses to both quiz and survey will be kept entirely confidential, the survey responses will be summarized as part of my thesis but all identifiable information will be removed.

You don't need to be a Java expert, in fact it's better if you're at a beginner or intermediate level as the study report will suggest online resources to help you improve.

Overall it takes about 40 minutes to complete, which I understand is a long time but I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance, the link is below.
    E.P.

http://goo.gl/Vgz30

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

Done! — I know the pain of trying to collect survey data for thesis, so happy to help ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I'm in college studying it management and did java for the first year and in my spare time I'm doing an online java course. Would I be suitable to fill in the form? If so I will fill it in for you on monday when I get a chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Thank you Feathers, much appreciated.

@deciet - you'd be pretty much ideal as this may actually help improve your studies. The quiz and report will help with that, the survey will help me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Evil Phil wrote: »
    Thank you Feathers, much appreciated.

@deciet - you'd be pretty much ideal as this may actually help improve your studies. The quiz and report will help with that, the survey will help me.
    Perfect, i'm in leeds tomorrow so should have a bit of time in the evening to spend on it if I get internet access in the hotel i'm in. Otherwise I will do it when back later in the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

Just done it there for you phil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Ill sign up for it tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I've only done 1 semester of Java, can do the survey tomorrow evening if it's any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Just done. Good luck with the Masters

Thanks everyone, it's really appreciated. I have enough data now so I'm going to take the site down over the next 24 hours.

Also, I apologize for the index offset on the question numbers in the review. Big dumb bug to miss tbh. :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement