Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mixed SMS?!? Malware or what???

Options
  • 13-02-2013 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭

This is a strange one...

I'm a 3 customer. So is my wife. I sent a SMS today which read:

[SMS]Ah well, why don't you arrange to meet her on wed/thurs instead? It's not like you want to go drinking anyway, is it?[/SMS]

Two mins later, this is the SMS my wife recieved:

[SMS]Ah well, why don't you arrange to meet her on wed/thurs insteadwe u so much u so sexy xxxxxxx lut the whole thing! Thanks so much for yo[/SMS]

WTF?!?

So I rang 3, they reckon it's "impossible". Well clearly it's not - I've got the records to prove it. Whats going on? Any ideas? Is it malware on my phone; malware on her phone? Is it a network problem? How can I be sure that other SMS's I send aren't subject to the same "interference"? :confused:

<mods feel free to move this to a more appropriate forum - if one exists>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Paddycrumlinman

Could it be possible that issue be with your Wife's phone. I kind of agree with what 3 are saying. I'm thinking you sent the message and somehow on your wife's phone it could have merge with another message that she had somewhere on her phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Could be, but highly unlikely it merged with an existing SMS on her phone. I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭.Bob

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Perhaps, but then I'd expect it to display the text sent in the sms thread on my phone. The weird thing is that my phone displays it exactly like it was intended...

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭p15574

That's happened me before, but sending from 3 Webtext to my wife's 3 phone. It seemed to merge the text with another one I'd sent her some time before. As 95% of my texts would be to her, not sure if the problem is restricted to her texts from me, or if it could be mixing totally random texts from me to anyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭jayo2004

The very same thing happened to me last year with my wife. Same thing i text her and later that night she said to me what was I on about. I told her I didn't text you anything like that. She took out her phone and showed me and I couldn't believe it. I showed her what I had sent and it was completely different. I was using an iPhone 4 and she had a sony running android. I wiped both phones the next day and didn't have a problem again. Well it is kinda hard to tell if it hasn't happened again. My phone was jailbroken and I was installing all sorts of crap on it so I put it down to that. We were both on meteor network at the time. I had forgotten all about it until I read your post. I may keep an eye on it again.

Advertisement