Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sourcing 1.5KW wind turbine blades

• 13-02-2013 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I am looking for 3 blades for my 1.5 KW wind turbine. I am wondering if somebody has a set and are willing to sell them or if anyone knows where I can get these relatively cheaply?

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭quentingargan

Would need more info about the type of turbine. If they use the Multi-wing hub, I happen to have a few types of blades for that hub, but if it is an imported turbine with a custom type of blade root (as 99% of turbines are), you would have to go back to the manufacturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 kenskool

Would need more info about the type of turbine. If they use the Multi-wing hub, I happen to have a few types of blades for that hub, but if it is an imported turbine with a custom type of blade root (as 99% of turbines are), you would have to go back to the manufacturer.

Thanks for the reply. It is a foreign generator (Polish) and the blades we got with the machine (which are now busted) were 3 single blades with double holes at the root. However we have access to a metal works and can make a hub to suit almost any blade root. The seller told us the blades we need for this generator(1.5KW@1000rpm) should each be 1.5m long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭quentingargan

kenskool wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. It is a foreign generator (Polish) and the blades we got with the machine (which are now busted) were 3 single blades with double holes at the root. However we have access to a metal works and can make a hub to suit almost any blade root. The seller told us the blades we need for this generator(1.5KW@1000rpm) should each be 1.5m long.

1000RPM?? Crikey - I'm not surprised they're bust. That's a pretty wicked speed for any turbine. The fastest machines I have seen are all about half that.

Problem is, if you try to extract more than 750W at 500RPM the current may exceed the rating of the generator.

Q

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 74 ✭✭Dejvice

try googling wikov.....or wikov wind.....I think its wikov.com might be worth enquiring. They are Czech.

Advertisement