Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this Perth

Options
  • 13-02-2013 5:21pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭

539861_10151449778534925_1409483711_n.jpg

Is this Perth that the Irish guys are in in the second photo?

It looks like it to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

CatFromHue wrote: »

Is this Perth that the Irish guys are in in the second photo?

It looks like it to me.

Yup, on top of that new BHP tower. Unsure if it's all Irish in the photo as I remember that same photo in the west Australian paper when the tower was topped out a few months back. Is found prominence in the last week from a certain Irish/Australian Facebook page and I seen any Tom dick and Harry tagged in it as if they built it themselves!!

http://m.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/no-fear-as-lofty-workers-hit-the-heights/story-e6frg13u-1226262379270

Link to photo from feb 2012.

http://www.cfmeu.asn.au/news/recreating-history-perths-c2-riggers-celebrate-a-fantastic-job

Article from the CMFEU site.

Just do a google of bhp tower Perth workers. I'd be very skepticle how many are Irish..maybe I'm wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Its in Perth alright, as has been mentioned its the bhp Billiton building. It was taken last feburary and no its not all irish! Mostly aussies and a splattering of other nationalities including about 4 or 5 irish.

Of course with it hitting back home i think about 10,000 irish have claimed a spot on the beam

I know a fella in Perth just over 3 weeks who has it as his cover photo on Facebook..he also has a photo of bobby sands as his profile pic..patriotism is a scoundrels last defence( or something like that)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

rightyabe wrote: »
    I know a fella in Perth just over 3 weeks who has it as his cover photo on Facebook..he also has a photo of bobby sands as his profile pic..patriotism is a scoundrels last defence( or something like that)

Unfriendly him quick........

Guilty by association and all that.

The Aussie wrote: »

Unfriendly him quick........

Guilty by association and all that.

Thank god I'm not his social media friend, he's friends with my housemate and we get a good laugh at some of his comments. Like this gem.."came 2 oz to b a workaholic turning into a alacholic...*posts photo of a fridge filled with only beer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement