Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AWD legislation

Options
  • 13-02-2013 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey All,

So I am currently on an 11 month contract with an Agency firm to work in another company. The agency pays me an hourly rate but in a fixed 40 hours a week.

I work full time in the other company, but get paid by my agency. I currently get paid 12 euro an hour

My question, the company I am working for has 2 other employees in my situation that are hired by a different agency firm, however they are getting paid at an hourly rate of 18 euro and hour. We are doing the same type of work and have the same qualifications. The only difference is a different company. Employees of the company I am working in are also getting a higher wage ( 18 - 22 ) and they also do the same amount of work.

I know that the company I currently am in are paying my agency 22 euro an hour, so when I get paid by my agency they are taking 10 euro.

I am wondering, does the AWD legislation apply to myself? Should I not be receiving the same wage as the other employees if I am doing the same quality work?

If it does apply, how will I go about asking for the pay? should I be able to receive a backpay from what I deserve? What happens when I leave the agency am I still entitled to the money?

Thanks for the advice.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

First of all do they have a different title? If so you're not doing a fair comparison; second you should be paid the equivalent of a person hired by the company from the outside (at the bottom of the position scale) so if they have worked longer this would also be a reason for a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tempworerk

The full time staff have a different title, while the other staff who are hired from a different agency have the same title, but different wage.

Edit: I would also like to say, I started before the other staff who are hired by a different agency. so I am working longer, same title, different agency, lower wage

Advertisement