Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Knowledge ?

Options
  • 13-02-2013 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Dear Friends,

Any IDEAS on how to fix this?
    I am a Vodafone IE user and I am both roaming in Holland temporarily and also with a LYCAMOBILE NL service there, on a 2nd handset. Vodafone IE users' texts do not reach me on the LYCAMOBILE NL number and the Customer service people at LYCAMOBILE have conducted tests to verify that this is indeed true. (They have also tested by sending SMS from other Irish providers incl. O2 and Meteor, with success).
    Vodafone IE numbers cannot successfully SMS other LYCAMOBILE NL numbers - confirmed. Lycamobile customer service have said that the problem llies with VODAFONE IRELAND and after taking much time to try to talk with THEIR offshore customer service (in EGYPT), not alone have I been misled, fobbed off, and found this service to be SUBSTANDARD to a high degree - but I cam away without an answer from Vodafone IE (EGYPTian call center). Can somebody please help before I go to COMREG?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,895 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Quick Question - why would you want to Roam? Why not use the second handset you have. Surely its a cheaper option!

Tell everyone at home to text the lyca mobile and insure that they use the proper prefix when texting the number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BonniBaby

Thanks, But the problem is that the properly directed SMS messages are not reaching the LYCAMOBILE NL number.

Regarding roaming: It is temporary - and people wish to contact me on the VODAFONE IE number as usual

Advertisement