Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

webcam questions

Options
  • 13-02-2013 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

I have a Tesco/Technika webcam 1.3MP model H16BD5. I am using it with yawcam as the software with it is no good. Is 1.3 good for a webcam. When it is moved the picture gets dark and then has to focus on the new target. is that a bad sign? i do not know much about webcams

What MP is considered reasonable

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

There are more factors defining the quality of a camera than just megapixels. Image sensor, lens, capture speed, etc.

Cheap webcams from a supermarket might be OK for the occasional video chat but not much else. King of the hill amongst consumer webcams is the Logitech C920 HD Pro: 15 MP, 1080p WS, 30 fps, AF, light correction, face tracking, internal H.264 encoding, the works... price around 70 yoyos.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭yes chance

Torqay wrote: »
    There are more factors defining the quality of a camera than just megapixels. Image sensor, lens, capture speed, etc.
    ok but i do not know what they are
    Cheap webcams from a supermarket might be OK for the occasional video chat but not much else. King of the hill amongst consumer webcams is the Logitech C920 HD Pro: 15 MP, 1080p WS, 30 fps, AF, light correction, face tracking, internal H.264 encoding, the works... price around 70 yoyos.
    that is a bit expensive. how do i find the FPS of this

Should be in the manual/data sheet.

Can't find much only, Tesco's website says 640x480 = 0.3 MP = cr@p.

If it says 1.3 MP somewhere then this refers to the still image resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭yes chance

Torqay wrote: »
    Should be in the manual/data sheet.

If it says 1.3 MP somewhere then this refers to the still image resolution.
    Oh i see. here are the specs. Is it any good?
    is that the quality when it is moved, why it gets dark and needs to focus. it does give fps, sorry

OK, it does 1280x1024 video (1.3 MP), but the frame rate is only 8-10 fps which is horrible, forget this. Apparently you can change the resolution to 640x480 and the frame rate will go up to 30 fps, this should yield much better results.

• Advertisement
Advertisement