Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is this?

Options
  • 13-02-2013 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭

Can anyone satisfy my curiosity about the gate/exit off the M50 parallel access route between the Dundrum and Sandyford M50 exits. url=http://goo.gl/maps/4UJwhHere it is[/url].

I assumed from the gates and security cameras that it went into the back of the mint but it doesn't look like it.

Also, what's with the tennis courts at the top of that picture? Does the Central Bank/Mint have it's own tennis court or is it open to the public?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Most of the mint is underground (i understand), and based on the grass cutting, I'd say they definitely own the field. Putting in the extra entrance was probably a planning requirement - it would give the mint (and the army) an extra access/exit route if needed. And yes, I'd say the tennis courts are theirs - probably part paid for by their sports and social club..

Advertisement