Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Passive House Designer Courses

• 13-02-2013 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering has anyone here sat a Passive House Designer Course? I am interested in doing the course myself but I would like some feedback before I commit to paying the fee (which is quite high!).

Many Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

At the time of posting this there are 228 Certified Passive house Designers in Ireland

The course is tough and there was a fairly high failure (30%+) rate when I did it. 10 days days of got-to have-your -weetabix-pay-attention-carefully lectures. But it was very very interesting and educationally rewarding.

So a big investment in terms of time and cash.

Is it worth it ? Well from a personal development point of view I am glad I did it . After about 2 years I just about recovered my costs so it's not a money spinner.

There are the enlightened kind who will value a Passive House Consultants services but so too a lot of people who will post here things like "but do I really have to have an architect , sure the builder is grand" and they constitute a fairly large part of the market place. They tend not to want to pay for things they can't kick .....

Advertisement