Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for a Kit Kat

Options
  • 13-02-2013 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

Dear Boardsie's !

I’ve been considering this from probably November that I’m playing madden to much. It’s only been since I broke my hand did I see the benefit of not having organised madden games. I was able to watch TV shows again, hang with my friends more, just relax and listen to music. So many things that have taken a backseat since I took up madden leagues 2 ½ years ago. When I started playing I was thrilled and I had real passion for the game and I wanted to post my theories and reviews and previews of different coaches, I was genuinely happy that it was my main hobby and main game on Xbox. This year as well I really felt that I had taken a huge leap forward in my gaming style and strategies . I was thinking more about how to beat my opponent and not to beat myself. Going 15-1 in the Pro franchise and 16-0 in the Irish franchise in season 1 was truly a great achievement for me.

However recently games have become less enjoyable. The thrill of new competition , or how to figure out someone’s offensive game plan and make them throw a pass into an area I hoped they’d go, I used to enjoy this stuff immeasurably. But now its taken a great decline and organising games and playing them to a degree feels more like a hassle at the moment. It shouldn’t be at the moment. Last night compounded it I played Dave in the Irish franchise and we had a disconnect in the 4th so we started again, I ended up winning in the second game but it took two hours, I was tired after it and did nothing else with my night but play madden , I’ve had no rugby training the last two week’s which has freed up my evenings more so. I used to play games after training and to be honest the thought of doing again it is not appealing. At the moment I’d rather watch TV show, play a game for 30 minutes when I’d like or socialize with a friend.

So with a heavy heart I’m going to step away from both the Irish franchise and the Pro franchise for the foreseeable future. I don’t like to put time limits on these things but I’m planning to stay away till at least the new madden. I may come back before then, Never say Never

Kind Regards,

David

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

:eek:

I did not see that coming. I guess 2 busy leagues is a lot to ask of someone with an already busy week. Me personally I feel like I don't have enough Madden games to play! And I've been contemplating joining this PFL that I hear so much about, which I still may well do, as for me this is the first year I have really embraced Madden, and I'm absolutely loving it.

You going to stick around the forum though yeah Dave?

Also, thanks for not deciding to take this break after our week 8 game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    :eek:

I did not see that coming. I guess 2 busy leagues is a lot to ask of someone with an already busy week. Me personally I feel like I don't have enough Madden games to play! And I've been contemplating joining this PFL that I hear so much about, which I still may well do, as for me this is the first year I have really embraced Madden, and I'm absolutely loving it.

Could'nt agree more, More time playing madden=less time with the Family :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Its the Madden Perrin curse,first Paully now dave,or maybe it's the AFC East where there can never be more than 2 user teams,there's a curse I tells ya.

On a more serious note,big loss to the league and hopefully you're back sooner rather than later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

I'm in a familiar situation myself with madden I dislocated my shoulder in July 2011 after an accident at work while I was recovering complaining of boredom my brother suggested getting back into the xbox again so I bought madden 12 and found the forum here on boards and then madden pfl I have really enjoyed my time both here and on pfl but as i slowly recover and get back to work full time like Dave I'm finding that most of my evenings are taken up with madden last night I was playing for nearly 3 hours.

I haven't decided for certain what I'm going to do but I will be dropping from a few leagues just to spend for time just chilling out madden takes up so much time especially this year with connected careers.

Dave sorry to see you go things wont be the same around here without you and thanks for the help you gave me over the last year and half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Say it ain't so Dave :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

I for one am glad you are leaving. You are one of the most pompous and egotistical people I have ever had the misfortune to know. This is probably a cry for attention. You want 30 people to post 'no Dave, please don't leave, your awesome'. I bet all you talked about at the beers was your perfect regular season, and Revis Island. Such a relief that we don't have to put up with your attitude anymore.

Don't let the door hit ya where The Lord split ya!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Pity Dave, completely understand where you're coming from.

Will this be like when Michael Jordan took a year of play baseball?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

I can definitely empathise with you Dave. I used to play more leagues ( 4 at one stage ) but the commitment was to the detriment of other stuff. You will be back I hope at some stage. You will be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Pity Dave, completely understand where you're coming from.

Will this be like when Michael Jordan took a year of play baseball?

Dave to have a few mediocre seasons in an NHL 13 league?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Sorry to see you go Dave! Since our game is this week, when can you put yourself on autopilot or CPU?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Dave, just come out and say it. We're not MLG enough for you. It's cool...

Good luck though! Hope to see you back again soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Ah no way Dave, sorry to see you go...
    Ps. Can you cut Revis late tonight so I can sign him, much appreciated....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Thanks for all the advice, best piece of advice Dave gave me was explaining the difference between LB and CB and the x's and o's. Made picking the right man coverage plays slot easier

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Best of luck dave, sorry to see you go, easily one of the best players on this site, and I never played a game against you without learning something about the game.

Enjoy your retirement and hope you come back recharged for Madden 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Good luck Dave. Definitely lowers the standard of the league to lose such a good player!!!

Advertisement