Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Word - Running Virus Scan

Options
  • 13-02-2013 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi all, this seems like an old question to me but I haven't been able to solve it. When I open MS Office Word (every file) a sign saying running virus scan shows in bottom of the screen and programme takes an age to open 15/20s or so. I read that its an antivirus programme issue. I had Norton IS installed and uninstalled that but Word still behaves the same. How can I find if I have another AV programme on my machine. It doesn't happen with other Office programs such as Access & Excel. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 d.i.y. man

Hi again, Anybody solve this issue previously. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

In the control panel, look for add / remove programs. Scroll throught the list of installed programs and you'll see any anti-virus ones, these can then be uninstalled for here. I wouldn't recommend running your PC with AV software - down load and install microsoft security essentials or avast - both are free.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Dulchie

What antivirus do you have installed ?
    Some types including Norton have a setting to scan Word Documents before opening. This can be disabled in the setting section of the Norton application. I assume that other types may have similar options

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Advertisement