Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group Buy - Bore-Tech Cleaning rods

Options
  • 13-02-2013 7:01pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭

With no one stocking them and more to the point not in any sort of meaningful numbers i have made a few enquiries with Bore-Tech in relation to buying some rods in various sizes, and with heads.

The cost of buying them online is high because the shipping is usually more than the product due to the length of the rods. I'm hoping a group buy would cost less for everyone.

So if anyone is interested in a Bore-Tech rod post here with length, caliber it's for, product number, heads, etc. that are necessary. So it'll look like (EXAMPLE ONLY DO NOT USE THESE PRODUCT CODES. THEY'RE NOT REAL);
    • 58" Rod - BSIX-1234-56 - $9.99
    • .30 Cal - BTIX - 6789 -00 $7.89
    • 2 x mops - BYSX-12344 -55 - $4.00
    • 2 x Nylon Brushes - BGTX - 3344-123 - $3.99

Bore-Tech Website.

I won't have prices until i get some details back from Bore-Tech, but will update as i get them. Just want to see the interest before doing any more.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Being awkward now as ever ... but ...

could we also get .22 rods and Jags ?

and maybe some boreguides???

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Two new categories have been introduced. They are Swap/Trade & Free. Details of them are below.

Swap/Trade

It is designed for lads that want to swap an item rather than sell it. It can develop into a for sale advert and the title can be changed by a Mod if the OP wants and so the same rules apply to these type of threads/adverts as a standard for sale thread. A reminder of the rules:
    1. Pictures - Mandatory. All adverts must have pictures off the actual item, and not stock pictures from the internet. This is to show the actual condition of the item being traded, and to avoid any copyright issues that might arise.
    2. Price - As a swap advert a full price is not necessary. However if the OP wants they can post an expected price range. So if the item they want to trade is worth more or less than what they are looking for then a price might be helpful. If not, then that is at the OP's discretion, and all talks of money/price can bee done via PM.
    3. Price (2) - If the advert turns into a full blown for sale thread then a price will have to be added.
    4. Details - The item being traded/swapped must be accompanied by all the necessary details as though it were a for sale advert.

Free

This is self explanatory. If you have an item tat you wish to give away or in the case of dogs, re-home, then you may post a Free advert.

As these adverts are done on a good will basis we have no rules for them. Pictures are not mandatory, but are preferred, and a price is irrelevant. Details are necessary as people need to know what you are offering.

All items for both categories MUST be shooting.hunting related. It is not a free for all for household goods, cars, etc. IOW it does not turn the for sale section into DoneDeal.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

If I hadn't one of these rods already I'd bite your arm off to get in on this. Best quality cleaning rod I have ever handled or used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭nastros

Would they be able to ship their rim fire blend I know there is issues with shipping it out of the US.

Vegeta wrote: »
    If I hadn't one of these rods already I'd bite your arm off to get in on this. Best quality cleaning rod I have ever handled or used.
    That's what made me think of it. The trouble you had along with a few others trying to get one. Most settled for something else. I'm going for another myself for the RPA. They simply are one of the best rods available.

As for chemicals. No. They are not allowed to ship chemicals abroad. I can ask, but i know this for sure as they refused before. Tried Sinclairs, Bownells, etc. All the same. Federal restrictions prohibit the shipping of chemicals.

If that changes i'll let you know.

• Advertisement

Now that i mention it i'll kick start this with my own order.

• 50" Bore Stix Rod (6mm/.243 caliber) - BSTX-6650-00 - $48.99
    • 3 x Mops - BTMB-24270 - $5.55
    • 3 pk Nylon Brushes - BTNR-06-003 - $4.46
    • 1 x Brass Jag - BTPJ-06-00 - $5.39

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ruger1894c

can i throw my name down for a

60" bore stix rod 30cal/7mm bstx-7360-00
    3PK Nylin brushes -btnr-30-003
    3pk mops - btmb-30350
    And 2x btaj-30-00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭lb1981

BTBG-0100-00B GUIDE, .17-.25 CAL (GOLD)$34.25 x2

BSVX-1740-00V-STIX, .17 - .20 CAL40"$27.99 x2

BTMB-17200 BORE MOP,.17 CAL$2.97 x4

BTBR-17-003 BRASSR-BRUSH, .17 CAL (3 PK)$6.20 x4

BTAT-1000-00 ACTION CLEANINGTOOL SET$35.99 x2

BTAT-2000-00 ACTIONTOOL COTTON ROLLS$2.99 x4

BSVX-2244-00 V-STIX,.22 - 6.5MM 44"$27.99 x2

BTNR-06-003 NYLONR-BRUSH, 6 MM (3 PK)$4.46 x2

BTMB-24270 BORE MOP,.24-.27 CAL$2.85 x4

BTPJ-06-00 PATCHJAG, 6 MM$5.39 x2

BTBR-06-003 BRASSR-BRUSH, 6 MM (3 PK)$4.46 x2

BTPT-34-S1000 PATCH,3/4" SQUARE(1000/BAG)$11.69 x4

BTPT-138-S1000 PATCH,1-3/8" SQUARE(1000/BAG)$14.50 x4

BTLR-12000 LIGHTNINGROD, 12 GA$17.99 x1

BTLR-12003 LIGHTNINGBOLTS, 12 GA (3 PK)$13.49 x1

BTMS-12160 SHOTGUNMOP, 12-16 GA$2.85 x2

BTWB-12-200 WIRESHOTGUN BRUSH, 12 GA$2.49 x2

BTSR-2000-36 SHOTGUN ROD 2 PIECE 36"$35.99 x1

BTSG-100-12 SHOTGUN JAG, 12 GA$6.75 x2

BTPT-3-S500 PATCH,3" SQUARE (500/BAG)$19.99 x2

BTGB-81000 GUNBRUSH, STAINLESS$3.02 x2

BTGB-82000 GUNBRUSH, BRASS $3.02 x2

BTGB-83000 GUNBRUSH, NYLON $3.02 x2

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Feidhlim Dignan

i would be interested in rod and jags in .30 and .22

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭fiestaman

Im interested in

1X BORESTIX BSTX-2236-RF .22CAL $45.99

1X BTPJ-22-RF .22CAL JAG $5.39

3X BTMB-22240 MOP $2.85 $8.55

1X BTNR-22-003 NYLON BRUSH 3PK $4.46

TOTAL $64.39 + POST

• Advertisement

Have another check, and give me lengths, etc. Use the codes beside the item. Then post it here.

@ lb1991. Holy crap. All of that? Just checking.

Ah yeah it is a double order so not all for me, but it is good value so may as well stock up a bit , how will we sort out payment Cass

Not getting into your business lad, just making sure it's all wanted.

As for payment. It's a little early yet. I'm not going to let it run too long as lads will grow impatient, and go elsewhere, but i also want people to get enough time to see this, and place an order.

When i have the final orders i'll e-mail Bore-Tech with it, and they'll give me a price on the total shipping. I'll then divide up the cost of shipping among all the orders and then let everyone know the final price. Once everyone is happy i'll send out payment details, and then place the order.

Cass wrote: »
    Not getting into your business lad, just making sure it's all wanted.

As for payment. It's a little early yet. I'm not going to let it run too long as lads will grow impatient, and go elsewhere, but i also want people to get enough time to see this, and place an order.

When i have the final orders i'll e-mail Bore-Tech with it, and they'll give me a price on the total shipping. I'll then divide up the cost of shipping among all the orders and then let everyone know the final price. Once everyone is happy i'll send out payment details, and then place the order.
    No hassle it does seem like a **** load for one person

If it was all for you i'd love to see your gun room that you need them all for. :D

Might be adding to my own order for others. Seems a cleaner way to keep them altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

I am buying for a .308 Remington 700 with 26 inch barrel so I hope I am ordering the right part numbers, please feel free to correct me if I am not, thanks :)

60" bore stix rod 30cal/7mm bstx-7360-00
    3PK Nylon brushes -btnr-30-003
    3pk mops - btmb-30350
    And 2x btaj-30-00

do I need anything else as I am buying for a new acquisition?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭renandstimpy

Hi Cass ,
    Pencil me in for following ,

1 no ......BSTX-7340-00 PROOF-POSITIVE BORE STIX, 7 MM - .30 CAL 40"
    1 no...... BTNR-30-003 NYLON R-BRUSH, .30 CAL (3 PK)
    1 no.......BTAJ-30-00 PROOF-POSITIVE JAG, .30 CAL
    1 no.......BTPT-2-S100 PATCH, 2" SQUARE (100/BAG)
    2 no ......BTMB-30350 BORE MOP, .30-.35 CAL
    1 no ......BTMB-30350 BORE MOP, .30-.35 CAL

Thanks
    R&S

Need length of roda, and exact jags/mops, etc needed.

Thanks.

This is only running for two weeks, but by next Friday at the latest i'll be confirming everyone that has posted here is still good for the order then i'll send of the completed order, and await the shipping cost estimate before collecting monies, and placing the order.

Don't want this running for too long. Interest fades, and those waiting from the start get "ancy".

So please if you are interested get your order in asap, and please use the product codes, and gives exact details such as length, jag types, and amount. I cannot order with "get a me a .223 rod". No good. i don't know length, jags, etc.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭damanloox

Hi Cass,

I'll take the following set:
    1x BTSR-2000-36 	SHOTGUN ROD 2 PIECE 36" 		$35.99
    2x BTSG-100-12 		SHOTGUN JAG, 12 GA 			$6.75
    2x BTMS-12160 		SHOTGUN MOP, 12-16 GA 			$2.85
    1x BTSB-12-100 		SPIRAL SHOTGUN BRUSH, 12 GA 		$3.29
    1x BTPT-312-R250 	PATCH, 3-1/2" ROUND (250/BAG) 		$11.69

Addidtional items.

2 x BTNR-22-011 NYLON R-BRUSH, .22 CAL
    2 x BTAJ-22-RF PROOF-POSITIVE JAG, .22 CAL RF
    1 x BSTX-2240-RF PROOF-POSITIVE BORE STIX, .22 CAL RF 40"
    1 x BTPT-1-S250 PATCH, 1" SQUARE (250/BAG)
    1 x BTMB-22240 BORE MOP, .22 CAL

Thanks,

• Advertisement

Have all the orders so far.

Keep em coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 zaitsev

Cass,

Can you add the following to your orders please.

1 BSTX-2240-RF Bore Stix 22 Cal RF 40” $45.99
    1 BSTX-2240-00 Bore Stix 22 Cal CF 40” $45.99
    1 BSTX-7348-00 Bore Stix .30 Cal 48” $45.99
    1 BTAJ-20-00 Proof-Positive Jag .20 Cal $5.75
    1 BTAJ-22-RF Proof-Positive Jag .22 Cal $5.75
    1 BTAJ-30-00 Proof-Positive Jag .30 Cal $5.75
    1 BTBR-20-003 Brass R-Brush .20 Cal $6.20
    1 BTBR-22-003 Brass R-Brush .22 Cal $4.46
    1 BTBR-30-003 Brass R-Brush .30 Cal $4.46
    1 BTNR-20-003 Nylon R-Brush .20 Cal $6.20
    1 BTNR-22-002 Nylon R-Brush .22 Cal $4.46
    1 BTNR-30-003 Nylon R-Brush .30 Cal $4.46

Thanks

Got that, Thanks.

Just as a "notice" lads. This is a group buy, not a discount buy. Now while i will push for cheaper shipping, ask for a discount, etc. the objective is to get a top line rod for less than 60% the cost of them here or anywhere else i can source them.

I already have one for the .308, and they are miles ahead of the rest of the Tipton, Parker Hale, etc. rods i have. Plus at $48 for the dearest one (about €36) well all i'll say is mine was not that or the reverse of it either.

As said above i'll be sending off final orders to get an estimate of shipping (the nice lady said to do this as she would see how best to accommodate us), and once everyone is happy i'll collect monies, confirm the order with Bore-Tech, and pay. Then we sit back, and wait. Shipping was estimated at roughly 2-3 weeks. So all going well we will have the rods ordered, paid for, and received by the third or last week of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 zaitsev

Cass,

Can you add some Mops to my order above,

2 x BTMB-20220 Bore Mop .20 Cal $2.97
    2 x BTMB-22240 Bore Mop .22 Cal $2.85
    2 x BTMB-30350 Bore Mop .30-.35 Cal $2.85

Cheers

Done

For body1234 -

1 xBTLR-12003 LIGHTNING BOLTS, 12 GA (3 PK) $13.49

Hi Cass
    Any progress...?

Tomorrow is the last day for it. All orders are ready, and typed out in an e-mail. It'll be sent first thing tomorrow, and with the time difference they will get it around 4pm tomorrow (our time).

The lady said she would e-mail back with a full cost of shipping, and once i get everyone's okay, and payment, i'll tell her to process the order.

Closing this thread for the moment, as today is the cut off day.

E-mail made up, with orders, and sent. Awaiting reply on full cost. Will post here when i have the info, and will PM individuals when ready to collect money.

For those of you doing a mini group buy i'd suggest you start to collect funds if that is how you are working it to avoid delays when i get the final total back.

Anyone that needs anything just PM me until i re-open this thread.

E-mail received from Bore-Tech at 13:37 today.
    Kevin,

We have received your e-mail/order.
    Give us a few days and we will get back to you with a shipping quote.
    We will need the complete shipping address and contact information to assure accuracy in the quote.

Just looking at the order, this will have to ship via UPS as there are 60" long cleaning rods which exceed the USPS limits.

Once we get that information, we will get things moving!

Thank you,

Customer Service
    Bore Tech, Inc.
    2404 Milford Square Pike
    Quakertown, Pa 18951 USA

So hopefully we should have the final price by Thursday. If not i'll ring, and make sure to have it by Friday as i want to start collecting monies so as to pay for the order by Monday at the latest.

With UPS delivering it might be a tad more expensive, but should also be quicker.

So to anyone with a large order (mini group buy within this group buy) i'd suggest you start getting lads ready so when i make contact i only have to get off one person. If unsure simply add up their order, convert to Euro, and add say €10 - €15 for shipping. Alternatively you can wait until i get the cost of shipping, and ask for that separately. Up to yourselves how you do it. I just don't want to delay the order any longer than necessary while waiting for one or two people.

• Advertisement

UPS will always collect import duty and VAT - worth keeping in mind. And that will change the price unfortunately...

Advertisement