Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death Certifacte needed to unlock an iPhone

Options
  • 13-02-2013 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I am a Brit who lives in Germany. I bought a new iPhone 4 from an Irish Lad which was presumably (I didn,t know at the time) subsidised through a two year THREE.ie contract. Two years later, that mobile device which has been fully paid for is still locked onto THREE.ie. After patiently waiting for two years only to hear from THREE that the only way to unlock my iPhone is through the contract holder. "I HAVE NO CONTACT WITH THE HOLDER" He or She are no more available for all I know he or she might be DEAD! THREE,s reply was IN THAT CASE WE NEED A DEATH CERTIFICATE!
    WOW!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Specki14

Hi,
    yes I,ve written to Sheena but I don,t think it will change anything. THREE are so adament and stubborn in their ridiculous policies about the unlocking procedure that I find it very hard to comprehend. All I can think of is they are trying to bind their customers for as long as possible making it so difficult for users to change carriers. Here where I live after a subsidised phone binded by a two year contract, normal procedure and rightly so. Phones aren,t given away the carrier has to make a profit but when the two years are through and the carriers have made their profit the phone can be unlocked by anybody who applies for it. Regardless of the original contract holder or not. So as far as I am concerned its all a load of BALLONY !!!
    Regards

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement