Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No more 16x External dvd burners available?

Options
  • 13-02-2013 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭

So my trusty LiteOn burner has packed up.

Seems to be spitting out discs when I try to burn, while the internal 8 x burner is working fine, but super slow.

I've just been searching online for a replacement, with the requirements, that it's external, and 16 x write speed to dvd but bizarrely amazon doesn't seem to have anything like that, and after a 80 minute search, i'm none the wiser.

It all seems to be USB powered slimline drives that are available now. There was a plethora of 16x external dvd drives when I bought it about 3 years ago.

Anyone got any ideas? 8x burning is way too slow for me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

DIY then? I'm sure you'll find something similar, less flashy but cheaper, if you look around. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Cheers, that really opens up a whole load more options now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Buy A 24x burner, then go to,options, settings, burn speed set to 16x,
    MOST cd duplication, programs allow you to set the speed of the disk burn process.
    IF i,m burning an iso i,always set it to 4x speed ,to be sure it,ll work ok.

Advertisement