If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 3D TV 42"

Options
  • 13-02-2013 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

I have been looking at LG 620T and LG 640T LCD models. 
    Pixmania.ie offers the latter one (ending with S - French market) for €629 and no delivery charge (has discount that removes the delivery costs). Harvey Norman on the other hand are next door to me but they want a hefty €150 premium.
    I would like to buy from you guys as I have dealt with you and am quite happy with your service. What could you offer? Delivery to Dublin South.
    Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Spr1nt3r,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

Unfortunately the 640T is now a finished line with us :( 

The 620 is still available and currently priced at £529.95 / €654.25. 

I'm gonna throw another one in the mix here.  Sorry!  It's the Panasonic TXL42ES currently priced at £469.95 / €580.18 and for this price it also includes a free 5 year warranty.  Doesn't have as much features as the LG but its well worth a look, lovely picture and the free 5 year is a nice touch too :)  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txl42e5b/pana-txl42e5b

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭spr1nt3r

Hi Spr1nt3r,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

Unfortunately the 640T is now a finished line with us  

The 620 is still available and currently priced at £529.95 / €654.25. 

I'm gonna throw another one in the mix here.  Sorry!  It's the Panasonic TXL42ES currently priced at £469.95 / €580.18 and for this price it also includes a free 5 year warranty.  Doesn't have as much features as the LG but its well worth a look, lovely picture and the free 5 year is a nice touch too   Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txl42e5b/pana-txl42e5b

Let me know what you think.

Chris

Thanks for coming back to me. The reason I went for LG is because I prefer passive 3D. Am looking for TV with 3D and Smart functions, that is why 640T was ideal for me.
    When would you have the 42LA6200 or LA6400 available? These seem like a good option. I rather wait for decent LG TV than rush.
    Thank you in advance.

spr1nt3r wrote: »
    Thanks for coming back to me. The reason I went for LG is because I prefer passive 3D. Am looking for TV with 3D and Smart functions, that is why 640T was ideal for me.
    When would you have the 42LA6200 or LA6400 available? These seem like a good option. I rather wait for decent LG TV than rush.
    Thank you in advance.
    Hi Spr1nt3r.

Unfortunately the LA6200 and LA6400 versions are for the USA market only and not available in the UK or Ireland :(

Hi Spr1nt3r.

Unfortunately the LA6200 and LA6400 versions are for the USA market only and not available in the UK or Ireland
    No probs. What is the alternative for 2013 LG lineup here?

No probs. What is the alternative for 2013 LG lineup here?
    Hi Spr1nt3r.

At the moment I do not have the Lineup for the new screens due out over the next few months by LG, they are not even mentioned on their site as of yet.

As the new screen are given release dates we will list them here on Boards.

• Advertisement

Hi Spr1nt3r.

At the moment I do not have the Lineup for the new screens due out over the next few months by LG, they are not even mentioned on their site as of yet.

As the new screen are given release dates we will list them here on Boards.

Grand. Will have to wait in that case. Unless you have 42" 660 on sale for reasonable money?

Hi again,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Unfortunately this model is also done with us.  Looks like alot of the older models are getting cleared to make way for the new models.

Sorry about that.

Chris

Hi again,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Unfortunately this model is also done with us.  Looks like alot of the older models are getting cleared to make way for the new models.

Sorry about that.

Chris

That's unusual though that LG would sell off all 6 series while new line is not even advertised. Are you sure LG is not bringing any TVs for next few months?

That's unusual though that LG would sell off all 6 series while new line is not even advertised. Are you sure LG is not bringing any TVs for next few months?
    Hi spr1nt3r.

To be honest I do not know when they are due to release there new screens. Most manufactures are already in the process (Panasonic already have one out).

I have checked the internet and found very little if anything regarding the UK release dates:
    http://www.lgnewsroom.com/newsroom/contents/62816

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/lg-unveils-ces-2013-smart-tv-range-featuring-162100266.html

Even on the UK LG website it has nothing listed for new screens.

At the moment the only one in large supply to ourselves is the one mentioned above the 42LM620T.

Ii will try on Monday to call one of our LG reps and see if I can nail anything down.

Hi spr1nt3r.

To be honest I do not know when they are due to release there new screens. Most manufactures are already in the process (Panasonic already have one out).

I have checked the internet and found very little if anything regarding the UK release dates:
    http://www.lgnewsroom.com/newsroom/contents/62816

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/lg-unveils-ces-2013-smart-tv-range-featuring-162100266.html

Even on the UK LG website it has nothing listed for new screens.

At the moment the only one in large supply to ourselves is the one mentioned above the 42LM620T.

Ii will try on Monday to call one of our LG reps and see if I can nail anything down.

Hi Kenny,

That would be great. Appreciate any help on this. Let me know on Monday so.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny,

That would be great. Appreciate any help on this. Let me know on Monday so.

Thanks.

Hi again,

Kenny has managed to get Monday off the lucky so and so.

I've popped a note in my diary to check this out on Monday for you.

Will report back.

Chris

Hi again,

Kenny has managed to get Monday off the lucky so and so.

I've popped a note in my diary to check this out on Monday for you.

Will report back.

Chris
    Morning Chris,

No problem. Will be checking the site from time to time today, anytime you have news just post - will respond ASAP.

Thanks again.

Any news on LG TV front?

Thanks.

Any news on LG TV front?

Thanks.

Hi again,

Sorry I missed you yesterday, one of those Mondays.

Still no word as of yet :(

Again once we get any word we'll have all info up on Boards.

Chris

Never mind. Got one from Pixmania - LG 42LM640S. Superb TV and price was too good to miss- €629 with free delivery. Received within 3 days from order date.

No worries. Should you need anything in future please let us know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.