Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Listening to iphone 5 through car radio

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 hooter0140

http://stores.ebay.ie/In-Car-Connections

I use one of these, great little product

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

May I be rude and ask, I have an Iphone 4s and a 3.5mm AUX jack in the car, but I am unable to get my phone to play via the stereo. Do I need some connector or convetor?

Probably not the cheapest but still cheaper than that one on Amazon:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5244878/Trail/searchtext%3EFM+TRANSMITTER.htm

I have one myself and it works fine provided that you keep the playback volume on the iPhone relatively low. Otherwise the sound will be distorted, most noticeable with 'S' sounds.

No, it should play straight trough. Select the aux setting on your car stereo.
    Maybe the aux lead is dodgy???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,484 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

hooter0140 wrote: »
    http://stores.ebay.ie/In-Car-Connections

I use one of these, great little product

do you have a link to the product? the link above is a search link that gives 431 products

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

do you have a link to the product? the link above is a search link that gives 431 products

What car do you drive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

May I be rude and ask, I have an Iphone 4s and a 3.5mm AUX jack in the car, but I am unable to get my phone to play via the stereo. Do I need some connector or convetor?

Have you plugged the headphone socket of your iPhone into the Aux socket of the radio ? What happens ?

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

after going through god knows how many of these fm transmitters i finally saved and got a parrot mki9200

trust me its worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Lagoona Blue

after going through god knows how many of these fm transmitters i finally saved and got a parrot mki9200

trust me its worth it

do you know if you can connect an Ipod through the parrot kit ?

• Advertisement

Piliger wrote: »
    Have you plugged the headphone socket of your iPhone into the Aux socket of the radio ? What happens ?

I have done that, used to plat an MP3 player via same cable. Tried my Iphone and nothing. Will try again with both devices to rule out cable problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

By any chance do you have a case on your iPhone? It could be stopping the cable going fully into the jack.

And make sure the Radio is then switched to 'Aux' in it's 'Input' settings - sorry if that's obvious :P

No case and Radio is on AUX, not a silly suggestion. Will have to find the cable & MP3 player I had and try it later.

No case and Radio is on AUX, not a silly suggestion. Will have to find the cable & MP3 player I had and try it later.
    I had an iPhone 3G for years and played it through my aux input very successfully - best of luck. In my car the aux input was in the glove compartment :P

I had an iPhone 3G for years and played it through my aux input very successfully - best of luck. In my car the aux input was in the glove compartment :P

Same as mine. Think the cable might get damaged case the input is at the side and would catch the end of the jack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Carpenter wrote: »

When you say 'perfect' ...... what do you mean ? because the history of these kinds of transmitter devices is not very good, in general.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

When you say 'perfect' ...... what do you mean ? because the history of these kinds of transmitter devices is not very good, in general.....

All I can say is I have it 2 months using it every day and its working like new and the sound is like a CD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Yep, if you google the specs, you'll see that the MKi9200 is designed for iPods/iPhones. It also has USB and 3.5mm inputs as well as A2DP streaming over Bluetooth, so lots of options available.

I had one in my old car and really want to get it fitted in my new one. They're a great bit of kit.

I've never had any luck with any of the FM transmitters, but that said, I've not had the patience to try all the different frequencies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Yes and can play music from sd card and USB sticks as well controlling the iPod through the kit works really well too new software and a 30 pin to lightening connection and they are compatible with all new products

Best money I have spent on any accessory

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Ninap

I found a cassette adaptor had much better sound than an FM transmitter. Something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-iCarPlay-Cassette-Adapter-iPhone/dp/B002DW92IE

Advertisement