Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 hour parking limit in West End Retail Park

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Wils110 wrote: »

Why not...you can't park at the drive thru in McDonald's for more then a hour without getting clamped

I never said anything about clamping beingright or wrong. I asked if they were going to clamp cars who parked there for more than 3 hrs because
    1. I have not seen signs indicating clamping - are there any?
    2. I am wondering how they will regulate it.

You seem very defensive about the whole thing. Do you have any involvement with the parking?

It won't affect me because when I go to Lidl or any other shop there I tend to be less than 3 hrs. When Starbucks was open New Look, I would have easily spent more than 3 hrs in here though and so would have been parked that length in the car park too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

I never said anything about clamping beingright or wrong. I asked if they were going to clamp cars who parked there for more than 3 hrs because
    1. I have not seen signs indicating clamping - are there any?
    2. I am wondering how they will regulate it.

You seem very defensive about the whole thing. Do you have any involvement with the parking?

It won't affect me because when I go to Lidl or any other shop there I tend to be less than 3 hrs. When Starbucks was open New Look, I would have easily spent more than 3 hrs in here though and so would have been parked that length in the car park too.
    If your not going to be there for 3 hours then there's no need to worry .

Defensive or sick of people abusing something which could affect everyone in the long run maybe who is just doing there shopping or grabbing a coffee

If your not going to be there for 3 hours then there's no need to worry .

Defensive or sick of people abusing something which could affect everyone in the long run maybe who is just doing there shopping or grabbing a coffee

But what if you are shopping there for more than 3 hours?

It just seems unworkable to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jmcturk

It seems to be only in the overflow car park at rear of shops, havn't seen signs for 3 hour parking in the main carpark

But what if you are shopping there for more than 3 hours?

It just seems unworkable to me.

Don't park at west end retail park

• Advertisement

Don't park at west end retail park

What!!!

Even if you are shopping in Westend you are suggesting that you are not allowed park there if you will be visiting the shops for more than 3 hours???!!!!

What!!!

Even if you are shopping in Westend you are suggesting that you are not allowed park there if you will be visiting the shops for more than 3 hours???!!!!

Not me management

Not me management

Are management going to clamp cars if they stay longer than 3 hrs?

Read the link in the first post...clamped and.€120 release fee if there for over 3 hours

This has being going on for awhile as well it's not that new

Read the link in the first post...clamped and.€120 release fee if there for over 3 hours

This has being going on for awhile as well it's not that new

Thanks. I must look at the signs when I am there later.

Seems like they are shooting themselves in the foot with their 3 hrs limit - surely they want shoppers to shop and park for more than 3hrs in Weekend.

Why don't they just open the car park after 10am like the one beside the Library?. This would stop workers parking there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

It's only Monday to Friday, you can park there as long as you like at the weekends. Opening later would be a good idea alright but I suppose they want their own staff and customers to be able to park there for 9am opening. And I assume Lidl open at 8am like other branches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Assassins Creed

Murt10 wrote: »
    athtrasna wrote: »
    [url]

.... 3 hours is not very long ......

3 hours is a lifetime to spend shopping. :D:D[/url]

Not for a woman Murt10, not for a woman:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

what west end is fed up of is people parking there side going to the main center doing there shopping and not spending a penny over the westend
    How will this stop people doing that. Tbh I always park in Westend if I am shopping in the Centre as it's the easiest car park to make a quick getaway from the Centre.

fletch wrote: »
    How will this stop people doing that. Tbh I always park in Westend if I am shopping in the Centre as it's the easiest car park to make a quick getaway from the Centre.

They should be looking at ways of incentivising people parking here and shopping in Weekend. This clamping business will lose them customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Luttrell1975

Organised parking where you can get access to Westend when you are a legit customer is incentive enough imo.

Now that Gap and Nike are here they really need to look at increasing the 3 hrs limit. I could easily spend over three hrs between the above two shops and Laura Ashley and Next. If they continue with this limit they will lose custom.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭MusicalMelody

I work here and haven't been told anything:confused:

Advertisement