Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soul/Motown Wedding Band Aril 2014

Options
  • 13-02-2013 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hello

I am looking for a good wedding band that play soul/motown music. I have seen Soul Purpose and they are exactly what I am looking for but are unfortunately unavailable for the date I need. I am quite particular about what sort of band I want. Something similar to a commitments style band would be ideal. Do not want your average run of the mill band who seem to play the same set lists as each other.

NO synths or drum machines!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

psycho1986 wrote: »
    Hello

I am looking for a good wedding band that play soul/motown music. I have seen Soul Purpose and they are exactly what I am looking for but are unfortunately unavailable for the date I need. I am quite particular about what sort of band I want. Something similar to a commitments style band would be ideal. Do not want your average run of the mill band who seem to play the same set lists as each other.

NO synths or drum machines!

What area are you looking for? There's a great band in the north called The Satellites who do just what you're after.

http://www.theentertainmentco.org/artists/the-satellites

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭bellg124

Hi,

I play in a 10 piece soul band called Hot Topic. The band consists of Bass, Drums, Keys, Alto Sax, Tenor Sax, Trumpet, Guitar and three vocalists. I can forward some dates that we are showcasing on if you'd like. We play a lot of motown and will cater the setlist to whatever you need.

All the best,

Philip.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

I'm the lead singer with PROUDFOOT, an 11piece Soul/Funk band. We might have the stuff that you're looking for:

www.proudfootband.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭AoifeCork

Ireland's Definitive Motown Experience:The Papa Zitas www.papazitas.com

Honestly, look no further! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭guitarwrist

THeres a very good soul band in laois, soul central, their drummer / booking guy is Brian 0857088511
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Soul-Central/203450059687981

• Advertisement
Advertisement