Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to bring my parents on graduation night?

Options
  • 13-02-2013 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭

Looking for some advice on what would be the best pubs to visit with my parents on the night of my graduation. We're heading for a meal in the evening on Friday week and then looking for somewhere to have a few pints after that. Staying in the city centre as far as I know so we will be around that general area.

They are both early to mid 50's so doubt that my usual haunts (Pavilion, Crane Lane) when I was in Cork would suit them.

They're into music but wouldn't be mad into trad so not looking for somewhere overly old-fashioned and traditional either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I've taken my father to the Bierhaus, there's always a mix there.

Marlboro 52 is a nice spot, although I've only been in there early evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

sober lane might be a good idea, maybe book a table, usually a good mix of young and old in there. plus you can grab evening food if you get peckish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

Electric is one of the best places I've heard, I think they have a graduation deal as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

Thanks guys. I'll check out these spots! Any more suggestions appreciated too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Think the Bodega do a graduation offer too. Had supper there recently and it was much improved from a service point of view - some super friendly staff there now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

try Il Padrino for Italian meal or Electric.
    For drinks- the Crane Lane (don't see why not?), the Pharmacy place, The Oval, The Mutton Lane, Electric.... ENJOY

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Market Lane for the food, Clancys or Cheateux for drinks,.(Clanceys do food as well).

Rob Roy for drinks :)

Advertisement