Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Find Duke and Daisy

Options
  • 13-02-2013 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭

Lost dogs in Louth area, owners are heartbroken and desperate to get them back.
    They went missing on the 2nd of Feb from the Faughart area, Dundalk. Spotted later that day on the Marlbog road, Haggardstown.
    Please if anyones seen them at all or knows where they might have gone please contact 4006258 OR 086 2692416 (Reward for their safe return).
    Any information will help
    www.facebook.com/MissingDukeDaisy

419714_164825566999393_234523638_n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

There has been talk of travellers stealing dogs to use for fighting for years in the region. Hopefully this isn't the case with these dogs but it's hard not to fear the worst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

So sad, been following this one on facebook with interest. really got the hopes up on Tuesday when two springers were reported around the Navan area but they werent found.

Bubblefett wrote: »
    Lost dogs in Louth area, owners are heartbroken and desperate to get them back.
    They went missing on the 2nd of Feb from the Faughart area, Dundalk. Spotted later that day on the Marlbog road, Haggardstown.
    Please if anyones seen them at all or knows where they might have gone please contact 4006258 OR 086 2692416 (Reward for their safe return).
    Any information will help
    www.facebook.com/MissingDukeDaisy

419714_164825566999393_234523638_n.jpg

Maybe start a thread over in the animal and pet forum as well??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

There was another report on one of the lost dogs pages (might have been Lors lost dogs?) of a man throwing two springers out of a car near Haggardstown on the same day they were taken. It could have been the person that took them and realised they were chipped so traceable and no use to them.

There was another report on one of the lost dogs pages (might have been Lors lost dogs?) of a man throwing two springers out of a car near Haggardstown on the same day they were taken. It could have been the person that took them and realised they were chipped so traceable and no use to them.

saw that too. i was so sure they were going to be found the other day - heart was in my mouth. such beautiful dogs, the owners must be heartbroken. i really hope they are together and they are found soon. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭knotknowbody

I hate to say this but if they are wandering around together and are in a rural area, their chances are slim particularly at this time of year.

Farmers get itchy trigger fingers regarding dogs when there are young lambs and heavily pregnant ewes about. They wouldn't have to be doing anything wrong to get shot. The quicker they are found the better.

It's probably been done already but you should visit the area they were last seen and ask around, maybe they wandered into someone's garden and were taken in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

These two are doing well. Seeing nothing but their muts on The Book Face

MugMugs wrote: »
    These two are doing well. Seeing nothing but their muts on The Book Face

the more exposure, the more hope of getting them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

€1000 REWARD FOR ANY INFORMATION LEADING TO THESE PETS SAFE RETURN.
    REWARD of €1000 for both Daisy and Duke's safe return to us. No questions asked. Give us our dogs back and we will hand over the reward. We just want them home where they belong :( Please share.

https://www.facebook.com/MissingDukeDaisy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Would you know where abouts in Haggardstown? From the area myself and have 2 springers - always had a soft spot for the breed, will keep an eye out and put family on it too - any updates at all? As for trigger happy farmers how bouts a call to those who have sheep lambing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Nesta99 wrote: »
    Would you know where abouts in Haggardstown? From the area myself and have 2 springers - always had a soft spot for the breed, will keep an eye out and put family on it too - any updates at all? As for trigger happy farmers how bouts a call to those who have sheep lambing?

It didn't say on the page. There's been other alleged sightings closer to town but nothing has come of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I feel so sorry for Duke and Daisy's owners, they must be just heartbroken. Fair play to them for the fantastic job they're doing keeping their precious dogs in the public eye.

Anyone who has faith, should say a prayer to St Anthony that they'll be found safe and well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Their owner even called to our door two days after they went missing asking had we seen them - very sad.

The two together you'd think would be quite memorable.

Will keep looking out for them on my travels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

I hope the mod's dont mind me digging this thread up.

Fresh appeal.
    To all our 9536 followers PLEASE share BOTH Duke and Daisy's new posters. Lets get it viral - wide and far. Lets make people aware of the increase in Dog Theft in Ireland and UK. We won't give up until Duke and Daisy are home with us. Thanks to Duke and Daisy's army :)

*REWARD of €1000 OFFERED FOR BOTH THEIR SAFE RETURN*

602091_183060538509229_2044640044_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/MissingDukeDaisy

Thank you.

Advertisement