Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Prose & Poetry

• 13-02-2013 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Does anyone else feel that they could do better in the prose and poetry section if they could have descriptions of the themes, feelings etc. in English that they could translate, themselves, to Irish, first? Or am I just so incredibly awful at Irish that I don't know what any of them are about except for Géibeann?

I don't have all that many translations in my Irish textbook, and so I just find myself reading words that I really don't understand. I'm actually in honours, but I'm rather weak at it, although I do intend to continue with higher level to get a low C. I tried to look for English descriptions online before and have had trouble finding anything, and I just wanted to know what other people think of it, or even if they have found any useful resources.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Dictionary?

It's time consuming but you are a lot more likley to remember if you do it yourself.

And Colm!s YouTube videos are worth a watch for the pros :P

Advertisement