Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need clothes dry!

Options
  • 13-02-2013 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Im living in an apartment where during the day there is not much natural sunlight, i have a washer dryer which i really hate using as it kinda ruins the clothes. This seems to be a huge general problem, leaving my clothes in the living room on a clothes horse takes about 3 days to naturally dry. Would anyone know of any contraption or device that can help (cost effective too!), would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

There is a yokie majig that you rest your clothes horse on and it blows hot air up around it looks pretty good. Can get them in any of the big electrical stores

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

thehamo wrote: »
    There is a yokie majig that you rest your clothes horse on and it blows hot air up around it looks pretty good. Can get them in any of the big electrical stores
    I rise your yokie majig to a thingamajig - Drying pods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

thehamo wrote: »

We have one but it doesn't heat the air, it only circulates the air in the room in the direction of the clothes horse. Not cheap http://www.harveynorman.ie/dimplex-airdryer.html and doesn't really speed things up by much IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Would you get damp/mould problems with drying all your cloths inside, even with a window open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Senna wrote: »
    Would you get damp/mould problems with drying all your cloths inside, even with a window open?

Our clothes horse is in our kitchen/diner (not ideal but there's the joy of apartment living. Been here 9 years, no damp or mould in the kitchen we do a lot of drying in there at night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Get a fan, aim at clothes horse. Clothes dry. Other method is close all doors and windows where the clothes horse is (small room best) put de-humidifier into room and clothes should be dry in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Buy a dehumidifier. Dries the clothes, the room and lets out a bit of heat too.

I raise the thingamajig to a "Dri Buddy".

http://www.jmldirect.com/uk/laundry/dri-buddi/invt/d04db10100000001/

I had one - it was a bit unwieldy but still needed a ventilated room. Dehumidifier is far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

My suggestion, if you have the space, (above the washing machine?) is to buy a new A or B rated Condensing Tumble Dryer.
    We had the same problem as you and bought a 9kg Beko sensor model for 300euro and it has made a world of a difference.
    Clothes get washed and dried within a few hours and have never had a problem with clothes getting damaged or ruined.

Advertisement