Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tain Court Bridge Street Dundalk

Options
  • 13-02-2013 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

Myself and the girlfriend are thinking about renting an apartment in Tain court anyone any feedback ? Good or bad much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

You couldn't pay me to live in Bridge Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Whats Saltown like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

You couldn't pay me to live in Bridge Street.

a former teacher of miy own in the CBS Dundalk used to say to us at exam time-Just dont answer the question but give reasons for your answer?

:confused:

a former teacher of miy own in the CBS Dundalk used to say to us at exam time-Just dont answer the question but give reasons for your answer?

:confused:

Edit: Because it's not a nice area. Have you seen it recently?

(I edited it because my original answer used more forceful language)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Ohh dear.:eek:

OK so Sir,a wee street like Bridge Street pssises you off so?
    Temper, Temper.No one here got that annoyed,.

Would you live in Earl street Locum-Motion? With business people? Read on:

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/argus/news/hit-full-force-in-the-head-and-arm-with-a-hatchet-26943727.html

The victim in the above case was convicted himself in 2003 for an assault in a local night club.

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/argus/news/admitted-assault-26908601.html

He rents appartments in Earl Street.

I'd take my chances in Bridge Street OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭blingrhino

jeasus ! you ve a memory like an elephant:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Allow me to interject with MY experiences of Bridge Street.

I run the Castletown Road and up onto Bridge Street about four nights a week. It can be pretty daunting at times and some of the folk that I meet on my run, I'd rather not meet and certainly not any later / darker than I do.

I also had to remove a resident of the nearby Simon Community shelter from a tourist out to visit the church one Sunday morning.

Tain Court is nice BUT there's nicer than Bridge Street in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

James__10 wrote: »
    Myself and the girlfriend are thinking about renting an apartment in Tain court anyone any feedback ? Good or bad much appreciated

I know a girl that was living there and loved it but if you're from Dundalk you should know what bridge street is like. I certainly wouldn't like to live there

Temper, Temper.No one here got that annoyed,.

Would you live in Earl street Locum-Motion? With business people? Read on:

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/argus/news/hit-full-force-in-the-head-and-arm-with-a-hatchet-26943727.html

The victim in the above case was convicted himself in 2003 for an assault in a local night club.

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/argus/news/admitted-assault-26908601.html

He rents appartments in Earl Street.

I'd take my chances in Bridge Street OP.

No, I wouldn't like to live in Earl Street either.

However, your argument is specious.

The discussion went like this:

OP: What is place A like?
    Me: Place A is not nice.
    You: Place B is not nice - here's an example of why. Therefore place A is nice.

Whether place B is nice or not has no bearing whatsoever on whether place A is nice or not.

Temper, Temper.No one here got that annoyed,...

By the way, I didn't get 'pissed off' or lose my 'temper' or get 'annoyed'.
    I merely changed my choice of words, since the original was potentially offensive to sensitive souls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

OP: What is place A like?
    Me: Place A is not nice.
    You: Place B is not nice - here's an example of why. Therefore place A is nice.

Whether place B is nice or not has no bearing whatsoever on whether place A is nice or not.

Where does place C rank so? :pac:

Advertisement