Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 Week 6 Results

Options
  • 13-02-2013 11:21pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Titans @ Texans

Finnegan makes a key stop but Texans kick 3.

Leshoure starts the game very well and pounds in a TD.
    Epic goal line stand then after Foster breaks off a run to the 1 yard line, Titans force a FG.

A sack and a holding penalty leave the Titans on 2nd and 27! Titans punt and then force a quick 3 and out.
    Titans on the 5 yard line with a TO remaining, they go pass and its striaght a LB

HT and Titans up by 1, Titans receive they get to midfield and on a dubious inches call, they go for it on 4th down and get it
    Titans get to 4th and 2 and audible for an end around, Wright takes it into the endzone.
    Titans D takes over the next play and forces a punt. Titans get it to midfield but cant go past and punt away, Texans go for it on 4th and dont get it, TD leshoure.

Titans pretty dominant in this, Suh gets 3 sacks , Morgan gets 1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭theoneadlum

Cowboys 21 @ Seahawks 42
    Seahawks first drive ended with an unexpected 56yard fg attempt. Id pressed the button without looking, assuming that the cpu wouldn'tmake Vinny have a go from there. Too old for that carry on. Still, I thought, give it a smack Vin. What's the worst th...

Cowboys return it for a td.

"Ah for...".

Solid run game gave Cowboys a 14nil lead after a few minutes. The 3and outs have been a Seahawks refrain.

Finally got something going on the next drive:Sidney Rice pegs it up the field after blown coverage, Flacco has time and throws a lofted ball down the right and on the money, hawks faithful expect, the coach too expects...Sure Rice doesn't even make an effort. Never even looked at the ball.

"Ah for...".

Few 3and outs traded. Then,the game changer.Cowboys had the ball close to redzone territory in the 2ndQ. Stafford throws a cheeky little screen to RB Murray (otherwise delightful on the day). SLAP! Fumble. EJHenderson collects and goes all the way.

A Lynch td after crawling up the field drew teams level before the break.

Afterwards...defence yet again wins it for the Seahawks. 5 Turnovers in total. 4 for tds (I think). Sherman picked his 10th int and 5th td. Abreu got 2ints to bring him to 9.

There are times I genuinely consider punting it immediately back:my offence is that bad. More dropped catches. Cabbages.

To my opponent I say thank you for the game. I imagine it was frustrating and of course the turnovers at the end were only given up because you were chasing. Could so easily have gone another way. Good luck for the season.

Next:Divison game with the niners. Pivotal game in both seasons.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

The Denver Bronco's welcomed the unbeaten Ravens to mile high in what proved to be an interesting game.
    Q1
    Bronco's kickoff with a crazy wind at their back,something like 18 and the wind actually did have an effect in the game as whoever had it was driving the ball a mile off punts.Ravens put a few plays together but are forced to punt,which didn't go all that far due to the wind leaving the broncos with good field position.A few plays later the Broncos were in with a pass play to D.Thomas who shrugged off the tackle for a 20 yard TD(From memory I think the Ravens pretty much shutdown Thomas after this). 7-0
    Ravens start from their own 20 and put together a very good mixed with nice passes to Zach Miller and the read option between Rice and Kapernick was working a treat ending with a nice TD pass to Gettis 7-7
    Ravens force a quick 3 and out,Broncos punt from their own 13,its goes a long way,looks like its gonna land on the Ravens 25,ravens reciever goes towards the ball,then decides not to,then does,doesn't......ball rolls and lands on the Ravens 2 where a Bronco players touchs it.
    Q2
    Ravens start on their own 2,first throw is iffy,goes up in air between 3 Broncos players,they all go up for it,end up hitting against each other in the air...pass is incomplete.Next pass goes for a short to Zach Miller wo's absolutely nailed,injury timeout,very next play he's back in,Indestructable!
    Broncos force the punt on the next play.
    The ball then swaps back and forth between the teams alot here due mostly to sacks on the Ravens from Kruger,Ngata and J.Smith while the Broncos manage a sack from Von Miller.
    Finally the Broncos put together a few runs to make it out to their 42,then a pass from Manning to 4th choice reciever Caldwell finds him in space with about 50 yards out and a safety to beat.A so a game of cat and mouse begins,Caldwell on the wing is running,waiting for the safety who's got the angle on him to come across in order to time a juke or spin move inside him.Caldwell makes it to the 35,the safety hasn't fully commited yet,Caldwell think he has a chance of making it now and throws on the afterburners,safety comes across.....he's not gonna make it,Caldwell sprints away,TD 14-7
    With a minute left on the clock the Ravens make a few plays but are forced to punt after another sack from Von Miller.
    Broncos end the quarter with a 57 yard FG attempt against the wind.....ya its doesn't even come close.14-7 halftime score in a tight game
    3Q
    Broncos first drive of the half couldn't have gone any worse,a sack on Manning from Brackett was then followed by an INT by Munnerlyn.
    Broncos D hold firm and Ravens take a FG. 14-10
    Broncos put together a good drive to get 1st and goal.1st play,Manning scans the redzone,every1 is covered so he tucks the ball under his arm and breaks off on a run.Touchdown Peyton Manning 21-10
    Ravens move the ball up to well inside the Broncos half but then a screen pass goes wrong as the Broncos D comes too fast causing Kap to fumble which DT F.Robbins falls on it(for a big man he's had 2 or 3 fumble recoveries this season and a sack or 2,you wouldn't think it looking at him).
    Q4
    Abit into the half the Broncos manage to run in a 25 yard TD with Moreno after some good blocking 28-10
    Ravens drive up to the Broncos with some good runs from Rice and Kapernick doing really well on the read option but just as things were begining to go right for Kap he throws an INT pass.
    With 3 mins left on the clocks Broncos start running it and Ravens start using their timeouts.They hold Broncos to 3rd and 7,make or break time for the Ravens,Broncos come out in pass play,everyone is covered Manning tucks the ball and goes for the 7...and makes it.
    Broncos run down the clock after than and add another TD by pure fluke.
    Ravens try to move the ball down down the field but time is ultimately against them.
    Full time score Broncos 35 Ravens 10

GG Pudsy,the scoreline definately flatters me as it was quite a tight game,apologies if I was a little annoying on the mic as I know I was complaining alot about my CB's and safeties.If Kap had thrown just a bit better this game would have been totally different I think.Best of luck witht the rest of the season

*Also I know I've used to gif many times before but there was a point in the game where the usually reliable Tamme broke on a streak into the red zone,Manning throws an almost perfect pass...Tamme didn't even look back and glocks him on his helmet....sigh(I didn't user him but normally I don't have to),felt like I was watching the gif below

url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&docid=rPGJ1WFePTZ4TM&tbnid=9ZxthgU4lHMIUM:&ved=0CAUQjBwwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2F24.media.tumblr.com%2Ftumblr_l2ys14gJQP1qc073co1_r2_400.gif&ei=FzQdUdGEAsSwhAex7IDABg&psig=AFQjCNGh054MxPHDn0m3lA8jDT3AZuGrHw&ust=1360954775075989

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Chiefs 31 Lions 12

Less said about this the better. Bertys defense was astounding at times and pretty confusing all the time. My offense was paralysed resulting in short fields for the Chiefs first 3 drives, 21-0 and game pretty much over.

Berty goes to 6-0, I go to 2-4 and pretty much win or go home next time out against the packers.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Chiefs 31 Lions 12

Less said about this the better. Bertys defense was astounding at times and pretty confusing all the time. My offense was paralysed resulting in short fields for the Chiefs first 3 drives, 21-0 and game pretty much over.

Berty goes to 6-0, I go to 2-4 and pretty much win or go home next time out against the packers.
    I hear that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

adrian522 wrote: »
    Bertys defense was astounding at times and pretty confusing all the time.
    That is the aim all right....confusion, same look multiple different defences going on. Some great passing by Adrian in this one despite the defeat but early picks / short fields tipped the tie decisively towards the Chiefs.

Great chatting Adrian, your ranting did make me laugh at times, you must be spending too much time playing Pilks !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Berty44 wrote: »
    That is the aim all right....confusion, same look multiple different defences going on. Some great passing by Adrian in this one despite the defeat but early picks / short fields tipped the tie decisively towards the Chiefs.

Great chatting Adrian, your ranting did make me laugh at times, you must be spending too much time playing Pilks !
    I do enjoy a good rant while losing...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Saints continue their fight for the division with a 28-21 win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Overall, a decent game but, ultimately, the Saints offence got the better of the Buccs d for the most part, except for Ruud (the ex saints player who played a blinder in our first meeting) up to his old tricks again and making Graham fumble.

Unfortunately for the Buccs two picks in the end zone just showed it wasn't meant to be for them tonight.

Unusual for the Saints, who like to run it into the endzone, but we had 4 passing Tds and Brees had an almost perfect passer rating.

Buccs played a good game but going behind and the picks meant they had to deviate from their run game which was working pretty well. Buccs were always chasing the game and it always felt as if the Saints would be able to see this out.

Just some notes on your play gufc. Very aggressive defense, the buccs passing D isn't great in the first place but you blitz a lot and are therefore susceptible to the deep pass. If I was you I would try and find a good balance with the blitzing, Buccs D is great against the run anyway, so personally I don't think you need to worry about it as much.

Apologies for the half hazard report (if you could even call it that).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Redskins 28-13 Giants

The Washington Redskins move to 5-1 after a hard fought win over their divisional rivals in a very horrible and wet FedEx Field.

The game began with the Redskins forcing the 3 and out, moving down the ball, seeing a great match on a 3rd and goal at the five, but I tapped the B button by accident, floating it into the Safeties hands :(

After that, the Giants then went 3 and out again and the Washington Offense got back to work, not before empacher knocked both Pierre Garcon and Santana Moss out of the game, severely affecting my passing game.

Josh Morgan and Matthew Roland equipped themselves well and along with Helu and Davis, did enough each time to move the ball. The Redskins got out to 28-6 before a TD by Cruz made it 28-13, but unfortunately time ran out for the Giants.

Thanks for the game empacher!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Fans got their moneys worth in this game! :eek:

20 points in the end but I think both GMs would agree it was a close game, the lead swopped several times back and forth.

Score doesn't reflect a 20 point hammering.

The first half was a cracker and finished 31-28 to the Browns
    Lee Evans WR had a smashing game with 83yds and a TD, Trent Richardson beasting in for 2 TD's

Bengals returned a kickoff and Dalton passed for 2 scores.

Harlon Hynes the Bengals WR attempt at a celebration in the endzone which was swiftly ended when he was slammed to the ground. Proper order! ;)

Browns completly fell apart in the 4th quarter when their drives went INT, fumble, INT, INT,INT

By the end Weeden was launching long bombs, no hopers but it had to be done. The further behind I fell the more desperate I became

MVP
    Well Dalton has a shout but he threw two picks and I don't think Reggie Nelson deserves it.

Best player was young rookie Harlon Haynes WR with 6 catches for 127yds and 2 TDs.
    He's a small 'un at 5' 9" and 186lbs but he's very dangerous.
    Watch number 89!

Browns go 1-4
    Bengals get their first win to go 1-5

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Best player was young rookie Harlon Haynes WR with 6 catches for 127yds and 2 TDs.
    He's a small 'un at 5' 9" and 186lbs but he's very dangerous.
    Watch number 89!

Well I had to start throwing to someone else now everyone has Gresham double covered on me!

It was great game - close nearly whole way through. Some unlucky turnovers cost Browns - and Bengals special teams on fire with a kick off return and forcing a turnover on Browns reception.

Looking forward to rematch already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Pats get destroyed the the Eagles 34-10
    Team|1Q| 2Q| 3Q| 4Q| FINAL
    Chargers|17|14|3|0|34
    Patriots| 0|0|0|7|10

Nothing seemed to go right. Dropped passes and interceptions all over the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Steelers 38. Colts 13.

Colts travelled to Pittsburgh not expecting much and thats exactly what they got, Big Ben had a unbelievable match throwing for 359 yards with an 86% completion rate and 4 TD's.

Andrew Luck on the other hand threw his usual 3 Interceptions although to be fair, 2 of them were incredible 1 hand catches from May i think, and Polamalu, Coby Fleener and Austin Collie were the pick of the Colts players, massive improvement in defence is needed to cos for a defence rated in the mid 80's calling it non existent at times would be a compliment.

Falcons next and ive a feeling its not going to be pretty.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Chargers|17|14|3|0|34
    Patriots| 0|0|0|7|10

Dave.. eagles/chargers :pac:
    Not even on the same coast!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Chargers|17|14|3|0|34
    Patriots| 0|0|0|7|10

I'm totally confused right now.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

I played the Eagles. I copy/pasted the code for the table and forgot to change the team name.

See, nothing is still going right for me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Raiders beats the recently set to CPU jets this week

Raiders defense had several picks and 1 pick 6! Palmer threw more and more interceptions until I switch to heavy run game and McFadden delivered the goods. That's a bye week and 2 CPU games on the trot...looking forward to a human next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Packers win 63-17.

Apologies to the Vikings but in my defence I stepped out of bounds to avoid scoring a TD on 4 of Travon Williams's 5 Interceptions!

Kurt Warner threw a total of 9 Interceptions!!!

Nelbert wrote: »
    Packers win 63-17.

Apologies to the Vikings but in my defence I stepped out of bounds to avoid scoring a TD on 4 of Travon Williams's 5 Interceptions!

Kurt Warner threw a total of 9 Interceptions!!!
    Thats a huge score,would ya not have kicked over some field goals or something
    *Although it makes no difference now as the team is CPU controlled anyway

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Thats a huge score,would ya not have kicked over some field goals or something
    *Although it makes no difference now as the team is CPU controlled anyway

I kneeled it out 3 times in a row in the red zone without even doing a field goal.

I kneeled it out 3 times in a row in the red zone without even doing a field goal.

Hence the 0% on 4th down ratio. i.e I kneeled for all 4 downs!

• Advertisement

Hence the 0% on 4th down ratio. i.e I kneeled for all 4 downs!
    Ya but I'm just saying once you were 3 or 4 td's ahead,would ya not just throw/run as far as the redzone and then kneel it out?

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Ya but I'm just saying once you were 3 or 4 td's ahead,would ya not just throw/run as far as the redzone and then kneel it out?

That was the plan. Shields two picks bumped it up and I scored the Hillis TD by stopping at the 2 and being tackled INTO the end zone....

After that the Williams picks I was stepping out of bounds after.

Advertisement