Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I find the number of a deactivated landline?

Options
  • 13-02-2013 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi,

I have recently moved to a new place and want to know what the phone number and UAC associated with the property is. I don't have access to any previous bills as I was told the account has been deactivated for a long time and there are no documents recording this.

Is it possible to tell me this information going from previous records?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi,

I have recently moved to a new place and want to know what the phone number and UAC associated with the property is. I don't have access to any previous bills as I was told the account has been deactivated for a long time and there are no documents recording this.

Thanks in advance!

Hi sakimotosan,

If you want to private message me with the address I can look into see if there is a telephone number associated to the line.

In relation to a UAN (Universal Account Number) This would be the eircom account number. The UAN is required when a customer wants to move and active existing account from eircom to another provider.

If you wish to set up an account with another company (that's fine) However the UAN should not be required as it is needed for transferring an existing account with the same details - customers name exc ..

Which ever company you wish to go with need to set up a new account / UAN for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

In many cases a person can bring a phone with them when house hunting for a rental, plug it in, dial 199000 and write down the number spoken back by the system. This especially applies to detached houses ( not always rural) with no house number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

Hi sakimotosan

I got your PM and checked it out, I am afraid there is no UAN or telephone number as there is no telephone line / service at the address. I messaged you with more info.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sakimotosan

Hi sakimotosan

I got your PM and checked it out, I am afraid there is no UAN or telephone number as there is no telephone line / service at the address. I messaged you with more info.

Thanks, Mark
    Thanks for looking into this Mark, I appreciate also the fast turn around time. :)

Advertisement